{Fix} CG:boot / Flash Failure / Status 7 / sideload/package.zip / ro.build.product

azwolverine

Reaction score
Timmy10shoes - you are the man.

Over the last few years I have owned a few OG Droids, Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2, and my Droid Bionic. Never during those years have I been in a pickle like I was with my Bionic, trying to rid myself of some cheesecake. I have traveled from end to end on the world wide web searching for the elusive fix to my nightmare.

Started out like many other days over the last few years of rooting droids, never satisfied always wanting more. I had 4ever root on cheesecake .893 and decided to install the .901 update from a zip. Bingo lost root, don't really use the benefits of root to often, but of course I wanted what I couldn't have. So I decided to use P3's one click and that's when me and my Bionic got to know each other inside and out.

Timmy10shoes your write up and links, were my reason for a happy dance today. Over the last 24 hours I have seen failed RSD flashes, failed updates, failed programs, failed dos commands, failed root, and my favorite - permenant in your face Fastboot screen reminding me of a Failed Flash with the awesome CG:boot error.

Timmy10shoes Original Post:
rootzwiki.com/topic/13485-unbrick-your-bionic-here

Thanks to Timmy10shoes, P3, BBB and all others that make tinkering with our big boy toys possible.

Here is a link to my file that fixed all my woes:
megaupload.com/?d=AL3PQ3PN

Its a zip'd file, 673.58 MB, of all the links in Timmy10shoes original post, with the modifications per hs instructions. Open RSD and point to default_flash_targa.xml and push start in RSD. May others experiences be as good as mine.

#################
Some Errors This Should Fix:

Flash Failure / Invalid CG Version CG; boot

Installing Update...
assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == cdma-targa" ||
getprop ("ro.build.product") == "cdma-targa ||
Error in /sdcard/update901.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Error load file: could not allocate 1397489664 bytes error: connot load grfs.img

No 3g or 4g

flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" phone returned fail

Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7)

and many others

#################

pShoe

Reaction score
Thanks. Nothing else worked, but this fixed my phone.

fshields2

Reaction score
Can somebody re-host this file? FBI took down megaupload yesterday and arrested the owners.

psychdroid

Reaction score
Is there a way someone can rehost this file since the feds took down megaupload? thanks