FIX - Audio streaming (quality issues)

B-RAN

Reaction score
well if you put false for the "http" option instead of the "player" one, it apparently only uses opencore for streaming media, instead of all media, local or streaming.

Huh - this sounds promising and would give us the "cake and eat it too" solution.

That is my thought as well. Because the main problem we are all having is with streaming media (pandora, slacker, etc). So why would anyone prefer to change the "player" then? I havent seen any complaints about local media, just the streaming. Am I wrong?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pandora is sounding OK so far...I think I'm going to have to enable stagefright to hear the "bad" for comparison.

Can anyone tell me how bad is "bad"? Is it like utter garbage, or moderately degraded, or what?

B-RAN

Reaction score
Pandora is sounding OK so far...I think I'm going to have to enable stagefright to hear the "bad" for comparison.

Can anyone tell me how bad is "bad"? Is it like utter garbage, or moderately degraded, or what?

Mine has different quality each song. One song will be great, one will be very light and another will have an echo.

brochaos

Reaction score
stagefright on pandora for me sounded like mono. it was flat with no separation between channels.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heh - I'm listening to Pandora using stagefright and there's nothing that leaps out at me screaming "this is awful!" :)

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Heh - I'm listening to Pandora using stagefright and there's nothing that leaps out at me screaming "this is awful!" :)

The app that is most effected is the Sirius XM app as with stagefright enabled you get the same 20 second loop of music over and over and over. Its not even listenable, this brought back the total functionality of the XM app

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, in any case I think this might do the trick! Pandora certainly sounds good to me with enable-http set to false.

I've got some friends on IRC testing this out - everyone should try this and report, especially if you use Sirius as JoelWRX pointed out it should be evident.

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I dont use Pandora much anymore, what was their solution?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's very "apple" of pandora...

OP
J

JoelWRX

Reaction score
WOW that is laughable no doubt, oh well. It is what it is in the end.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw that on droid-life yesterday, but really, it's silly and I doubt it's true. They'll quickly find the stagefright issue and work around it on their end, and release an update.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the one person who tried enable-http and Pandora said it sounded pretty poor. So we need some more data points.