five reasons to be scared of apple.

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by johnflo88, Feb 18, 2010.

1. johnflo88

johnflo88 New Member

I thought I share this apple titbit that I found on Iclarified.com
    Five Reasons To Be Scared of Apple
    Cracked reveals five reasons why you should be scared of Apple,

Cracked reveals five reasons why you should be scared of Apple, The Company.

Recently, a faint chorus has been growing--thousands of tech geeks suggesting that if you look under Apple's shiny white veneer, you'll find some practices that are less than user friendly.

Here is a brief overview of their reasons...

#5. Apple Versus Their Customers
    Even after you spend your hard earned money on one of Apple's products, you still don't really own them. "I am Steve Jobs and I just sold you suckers a gadget that iDesigned, iControl and iBreak if you break my arbitrary rules."

#4. Apple Versus The First Amendment
    When Jason O'Grady posted some information on an upcoming FireWire peripheral breakout box; Apple subpoenaed his ISP, tried to get them to take down his website and source of employment, and also subpoenaed O'Grady himself in order to get the name of the source who leaked the information.

#3. Apple Versus The Poor Bastard Who May or May Not Have Leaked an iPhone
    Foxconn did the only thing a self-respecting sociopathic megacorporation could: torture the crap out of their employee. Facing another session over the missing iPhone prototype, Danyong leapt to his death from a 12th floor apartment building.

#2. Apple Versus App Developers
    Apple's main concern in policing the App Store seems to be stomping down on competition. Applications that duplicate Apple or AT&T apps (and do a better job of it) are likely to see the banhammer's vengeance visited upon them.

#1. Apple Versus Absolutely Everyone: The Masterplan
    Apple's idea was to program devices to periodically interrupt users with unskippable ads. The ads would temporarily halt performance of the device in order to "compel attention." That on its own is pretty nightmarish but, innovators that they are, Apple found a way to crank it up to that hard-to-reach "Lovecraftian" level.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Interesting............but I ain't scared!!! Bring it Apple!!
  3. Creibold

Creibold New Member

Not scared of apple at all, they make superior products in today's market - products I use. The only people scared of them are the competition.

I'd have an iPhone as well, but At&t was a no-go for me. Everyone around here is on Verizon.
  4. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^Agreed. I usually find all this "you suck this" or "you suck that" stuff kinda babyish.

And yeah they must be doing something right since their products are on top of alot of others for sales and the fact that they OWE NOTHING as a company.....revenues are all profit.
  5. baniels

baniels New Member

Apples can rot.
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I agree! I have two Mac's and they perform flawlessly. Like you, the only reason I got rid of my iPhone was AT&T's lousy coverage. Frankly, I'd thrilled I did!!!!!!

If you remember, several years ago, our federal gov't went after Microsoft. The feds said MS was a monopoly but if one bothered to peal back the layers is was clear MS was the 500 lb gorilla so the gov't wanted to take it down a peg. Too bad the same standards were not applied to ALL other companies.

Now, Mr. Jobs has developed quality products. What happens -- you decide

Instead of trying to hinder, perhaps we should be looking for men like Gates and Jobs to run our country!
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

When the iPhone first came out, Consumer Reports did a review. On the whole they liked it, but they said one of the biggest drawbacks was AT&T. I wonder what would've happened if the iPhone was originally available from any phone company.
  8. mwhartman

Not sure but I imagine that many of us would be reading a iPhone forum instead of a Droid forum. But just a guess!
  9. johnflo88

johnflo88 New Member

@mwhartman;God forbid, and all of us we'll be running around with an I-pad hanging over our necks to remind everyone that Steve. J. is the King Overlord.:icon_ devil:
  10. mwhartman

I hear you on that. Right or wrong, it seems that all of the very, very, successful business men have extremely high egos. Must be is basic characteristic of that personality.
  11. johnflo88

johnflo88 New Member

@natediddy1120; just wondered.When I posted this article on the Android forum I was immediately reprimanded and warned to take it off the forum.
    I don't think it does any warn and I did not made this up.Btw,I thought it was quite interesting.Then I realised that there is a big Ipad advertisement on the forum and could it be that they're scare of apple?:icon_ devil:
  12. shortfuse12

shortfuse12 New Member

im allergic to apples i get rash and outbreaks....
  13. dos

dos New Member

Last time I checked we were all free to buy Apple products or not. Don't like what they have, Steve Jobs, whatever. I could care less what Apple does, but what they do is bring compitition in the market, which makes all the consumers win.
  14. Slighter

Slighter New Member

:icon_ devil:[​IMG]
  15. mwhartman

An apple a day .......:)
  16. johnflo88

johnflo88 New Member

agree.still:icon_ devil:
  17. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I have a Mac with windows also on it, an iPod Touch and a Droid....but I have to say Apple has been really upsetting me lately with their horrible practices...like trying to set a ban on importation of Nokia phones, and overlording a patent for multitouch! (come on thats like holding and enforcing a patent to a mouse!), and banning jailbroken iphone users from itunes....its really a little too much.

Sadly Mac OS X is the superior operating system and if it weren't for ATT iPhone would be right there next to the Droid.

I think Steve might have a brain tumor tho, because some of the crap that's been flowing from his lips since he bought that new liver has just been inexcusable!
  18. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

Competition scared no, superior not by a long shot, when you control the hardware and software like Apple does it's pretty easy to do what they do, that being said I don't like Apple telling or controlling what I do with my product. God forbid you even try to talk about JAIL BREAKING on their forums. Apple product are good granted if you want everything done for you. I don't and if I decide to ROOT my Droid so what I can even talk about on the forums.
  19. patriot839

patriot839 New Member

I'm glad I'm a PC and droid rules over iphone so I guess I have nothing to be scared
  20. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Where the hell did this come from? That surely can't be true, major news would have broken this story for sure.