Fitness Friday 9/19/14: R&R

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3733557811_f781f95424.jpg

You finally got your feet up under you where you have a routine of working out and eating right and you are doing it like clockwork. You take your supplements, throw on the music, and grind out another workout with the mission of gaining results. Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months to where it becomes second nature. But just as we need a vacation from the daily grind at work so do our bodies. So make sure you take a week where you get away from the routine, and if you like me and must do something, drop it down to a light work out where you are just walking or stretching. You can even look at going to the zoo, local walking trail or beach and walking around enjoying the scenery. The point is to make sure to rest and allow you body to recoup and relax your mind. That rest will do wonders as you will come back refreshed and energized.

When was the last time you taken in some R&R?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Next week's my RR week, traveling for work. I need it too, I can tell.

on the move..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a very hard time taking down weeks.. It feels like im backsliding even though i know that rest is essential for growth.. I usually just go for burn and try to keep it a light week.. Baaahahahahahaha.. If it works..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a very hard time taking down weeks.. It feels like im backsliding even though i know that rest is essential for growth.. I usually just go for burn and try to keep it a light week.. Baaahahahahahaha.. If it works..
We are the same in that aspect, think my body basically made me rest. I did not quit working out just cut down the days and when I did go to the gym it was cardio and a light full body workout. Next week I'll be back to schedule. But like my old coach use to say "rest when you resting, work when you are working" right now I'm resting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Good advice.. And doing two a days for 2 or more days per week... That's going to take its toll....

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like I took a vacation from using proper grammar as well. Hopefully I caught it all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Was going for light burn Friday evening... And this guy slides up in the machine next to me... Starts throwing 250, see I was doing 250 slow for a medium rep count... So it's on... I get to 10..set it down... And wait.. He gets done.. He's looking all happy with himself... I look over and nod.. It's on... And as stupid as it was.. It felt great to be challenged by someone... OH.. And he gave out at rep 5..i hit it all the way to 15...and I was toast... I found a new training partner.. There went my light day..

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
competition can bring out the best in us.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It inspired me... And drove me.. Competition is a great thing.. It keeps us from sitting on our butts and not pushing hard..