Fission rom updates???

jt1359

Reaction score
I know I'm probably doing something stupid, but after donating and downloading the link for fission rom manager full, it won't install, even through astro. Any idea why? Nobody is giving me am answer

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Nobody is giving me am answer

You only just asked the question...

Can you elaborate? What steps you took, what problems and/or error messages you encountered. It's difficult to know where to begin to help you if you're vague!

holmes6

Reaction score
I know I'm probably doing something stupid, but after donating and downloading the link for fission rom manager full, it won't install, even through astro. Any idea why? Nobody is giving me am answer

Is this the file you're trying to install?
FissionRomManager_1.2.4.apk
md5: ef79137f14f006fe6dfdb2f4618eaece

it should work ok.. if that's not what you have, re-download

jt1359

Reaction score
I meant that nobody is giving me answers from other posts I've made. I donated and went to the site, and downloaded the link for the full manager. In astro it's called FissionRomManager_124.apk When I click on it and open App Manager, the manager shows up, but in the Summary tab all of the information is blank, and in details it says that it couldn't recognize the file as an APK file. I've tried redownloading and doing it again, but to no avail. Any ideas? I don't know anything at all about programming, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Please no INSULTS

No, someone donated and they were too damn dumb to read the instructions to access FRM. I donated again like a week ago to get it, and it worked fine.

The latest version is 2.6.1, which is only available via FRM. It's not available on the Team Defuse website.

It's not Team Defuse's problem that people can't read.

Urban, the name calling is completely unnecessary as we are all not educated the same when it comes to some of these things. What may be obvious to you and I, may not be obvious to others. I understand that reading instructions should be second nature but sometimes people just have a lot on their minds and the "obvious" may not be so clear. Instead of insulting someone or people, kindly reiterate the method and offer your assistance. If you feel that you cannot do that w/out insults, please just disregard the desire to respond in such a negative way. This site is like a Full blown tree made up of great Devs, people, and staff. Don't be the sour apple in the tree.

jonwgee

Reaction score
I meant that nobody is giving me answers from other posts I've made. I donated and went to the site, and downloaded the link for the full manager. In astro it's called FissionRomManager_124.apk When I click on it and open App Manager, the manager shows up, but in the Summary tab all of the information is blank, and in details it says that it couldn't recognize the file as an APK file. I've tried redownloading and doing it again, but to no avail. Any ideas? I don't know anything at all about programming, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Get Root Explorer From the market. Its a paid app but well worth it. You shoupd have no problem installing apk's with it. he sure to allow non market apps in settings> applications

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dx1881

Reaction score
Rubix and liberty both give me problems with my 3g breaking. Fission is by far my go to rom, the only issue I have with it is my gmail not pushing thru completely ... but that's small potatoes when compared to my other issue with rubix and liberty ... liberty is great for customization, rubix is solid for speed, and apex is best for the semi blur world. Ill stick to fission, it has speed, stability, and customization w/frm ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jt1359

Reaction score
@jonwgee Thank you, I will try root explorer, and I did have unknown sources allowed

Edit: I tried root explorer, it said there was a problem parsing the package.

trook

Reaction score
A parsing problem means the download was incomplete for some reason, you need to try downloading it again, if it still doesn't work I can email you frm until you can contact them and get it cleared up. Do you have app installer or anything like that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jt1359

Reaction score
If you could email it to me that would be great or a pm. I've redownloaded it a few times and it still didn't work, idk why. And I can use Astro or I guess Root Explorer now to install it.

trook

Reaction score
No if I email it you need to download an app called email installer from the market. The frm filesize is 60kb is that what your frm downloads are?
I can't attach files in a pm. Can you?
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jt1359

Reaction score
Oh okay. And no, it's only about 40kb. I'll send my email in a pm.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
jt did you get my pm.

jt1359

Reaction score
Yes I did, thanks man