Fission Rom Manager

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I am rooted and so far that is it....my lst phone i had a rooted froyoed droid eris and everything was like a one click deal...so this is confusing to me still being new...Ok so DL the bootstrapper open choose recovery...when you reboot recovery does it back up for you?? I also have titanium backup on my phone if that makes a difference....

and is this the same as droidX recovery bootstrap in the market or no?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
nm...found a walk through of instruction....making backup now :) Ill keep you posted...thanks again!

OP
Mick11

Mick11

Reaction score
First of all yes this is the same as the one on the market. You can find one for free on the internet though. You have to Hit the bootstrap recovery button first to get the custom recovery files copied to your system. Having titanium backup doesnt matter. When yoy reeboot into recovery use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the camera button to select. Scroll to backup and restore and select backup. What this basically does is takes a complete snapshot of all of your phones system files that make it work and all of your data. The reason you would want to do this is because when you flash roms and system apps you risk the chanche of sending your phone into a boot loop so it will never turn on. If that happens you can restore it from here. So you can install things from the fission rom manager. There are also a bunch of roms on the forums and in an app on yhe market called rom manager. I have tried quite a few roms and by far the best one I have used so far is libert v1.5 and I have been runnunig it sinve it came out. If you want to install these the nest way to do it is througj rom manager even if you got them offline. But whatever rom you are installing you have to wipe data and cache to install so it is nice to have titanium backup to restore your apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Installed this and I was wondering acouple things. I am on market v2.2.11 and if I flash the blacked out market will market still work? Also is the speed uncap the thing that stops the data throttling? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my pimped out droid x running libertyv1.5!

You shouldn't be using the no throttle hack from Fission Rom Manager... its the modified services.jar from Fission, you should get one that's specific to the ROM you are running...

Also, you need to freeze marketupdater.apk with TitaniumBackup or change the extension to bak if you plan on using an old market version...

{{ WugFresh }}

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Got everything figured out....how do you guys get the round battery guage in the status bar?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Either a theme with it, or you swap the png's in the framework-res.apk with a program let metamorph, or on your computer with a program like 7zip...

{{ WugFresh }}

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I've read online some people have version 2.6? When I downloaded it was 2.5.7 I believe? Any idea about this?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think Team Defused is only releasing 2.6.1 on the FRM full version... kinda of a lame move, but I personally have the donate version because FRM is honestly worth it.. it's a very useful app... I just don't understand why they would want people running their old release... :confused:

{{ WugFresh }}

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ok I donated got the link and password link says its invalid and the download link on their site leads me nowhere...did I just donate for full for no reason?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
that sucks... they really need to change that system. I would write team defuse an email...

{{ WugFresh }}

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Drod2169 was part of the team. Angelo is kinda hard to get in touch with sometimes. Let me know if they don't respond back. Ill help you out.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I got it situated but now it isn't working and not pulling anything on the list of downloads.