Fission ROM Manager not installing Fission ROM

Melatonin

Reaction score
Downloaded FRM, downloaded FRM ROM, put it in Install Queue, checked backup and wipe cache. Pressed install, nothing happens.

D

dankarlinski

just go into clockwork and install it yourself....

it is in SDCARD:\fission\ROM it will be called Fission_2.4.3.zip or something along those lines (of course, it will depend on the version you try to install)

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
I can't get into recovery mode in bootstrap either.

D

dankarlinski

if you cannot get into recovery, confirm that the following are installed on your phone

Droid 2 Bootstrapper, Superuser, and clockwork recovery

you need clockwork to install the bootloader, you need bootstrapper to get into the bootloader, and you need superuser to allow the bootstrap to run. if you do not have superuser, there is a good chance you are not rooted

post back with what you have, and i can help you

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Yes, I have all 3 installed. And Fission ROM Manager.

D

dankarlinski

go into superuser, and look at all the apps that are on the list. long press and delete (i believe SU calles it "forget") the apps then try to boot to recovery

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Only 2 apps are listed, an ad blocker and battlenet, pressed forget for both. Still can't get into recovery mode.

D

dankarlinski

and you have gotten into the bootloader before, right?
go into clockwork and flash the bootloader a few times just to make sure. use bootstrap after that and see if it works.

if not,

try the recovery failsafe. (always has worked for me anyways.)

1. remove the bettery from your phone.
2. turn it on and let it boot as normal. While it is on the boot image (the "cartoon" that shows after the moto logo, but before the lockscreen) pull the battery. leave it out for 3-4 seconds, and then put it back in and power up. this ALWAYS gets me to the bootloader if i ever have a problem

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
I have only rooted my D2 thru command prompt on my PC. Maybe it failed?

I went to Bootloader and clicked Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, I chose Droid 2, and it said Successfully Downloaded ClockworkMod Recovery!, I pressed ok.

But when I press Reboot into Recovery, nothing happens.

Same thing, what else can I try?

sarasota

Reaction score
Sry.did no I was hacking any thing.and can't get any reply from devs..sry

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Why you hijacking my thread bro? You have buy the full version.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get the full vet. Of fission rom manger. I have the passwor but the link is bad plz anyone with the link for fission rom manger.also I have np with the kite vet...thank you for any help.mostly need working link...thx
If Fission ROM Manager is a Paid/Donate only application then asking for or the posting of direct download links is not allowed - if you have paid for said app and are having issues downloading it, you need to take it up with the Developer on their site

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
I tried the boot up Recovery Failsafe. I removed the battery during the red Droid animation, and powered up after a few seconds. Booted normally.

What else can I try?

and you have gotten into the bootloader before, right?
go into clockwork and flash the bootloader a few times just to make sure. use bootstrap after that and see if it works.

if not,

try the recovery failsafe. (always has worked for me anyways.)

1. remove the bettery from your phone.
2. turn it on and let it boot as normal. While it is on the boot image (the "cartoon" that shows after the moto logo, but before the lockscreen) pull the battery. leave it out for 3-4 seconds, and then put it back in and power up. this ALWAYS gets me to the bootloader if i ever have a problem

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got some answers from another forum. I re-rooted with Bootstrap and was able to install ROM. It reinstalled my apps, but lost all my contacts. I backed up but I cant find it.

Also, lost Fission ROM Updater. Am trying to get back to normal.

Any way to get a text app without bubbles?