Fission Rom Manager, How?

sangweb

Reaction score
How does this thing FRM works? I've click on the widget, download, install, than nothing? I've also click on Livewall paper but nothing shows up. Those are the only 2 I've tested, not sure what I am doing wrong. The site does not say much about using it. It seems straight forward but I am 0-2 so far try to get something install from it.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
I recently installed fission 2.4.3 on my D2G using FRM..I think you need to install a boostrapper app and then run it before you install your rom...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

depdaDROID

Reaction score
You can get from.the market...Droid 2 Bootstrapper..$2

depdaDROID

Reaction score
Or send me ur email and I will send u the apk

OP
S

sangweb

Reaction score
I recently installed fission 2.4.3 on my D2G using FRM..I think you need to install a boostrapper app and then run it before you install your rom...

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I had already installed Fission ROM, everything is working fine. There are theme and some additional widget I like to put on but when I went through the FRM, nothing seems to happen, I am not sure if I am doing correctly. Basically you select the theme, it download, you go back to FRM and select the theme, click on add to install queue. AFter that you click on install, it will go through the reboot in the boostrapper, it looks like it is doing something but after that, I don't see any thing. Like I've said, I've test this with the weather widget and live wall paper and nothing shows up on my phone. Thx.

OP
S

sangweb

Reaction score

my email is [email protected], do you have the contact widget that comes with D2? my wife likes that and it is not in Fission. It would be nice if Fission put all the original apk to a folder in case some of us like the original apps. TIA.

trook

Reaction score
Do you have the global or droid 2 ? Theres a sticky under droid 2 hacks called droid 2 system apps or something, it has all the apk's that originally came with the droid 2. I dont recommend trying to install any of these unless you really know exactly what your doing and have taken all precautions against a complete wipeout. Also, if you have the d2 and not the global you might want to try fused in the frm, it might have all the blur contact widgets.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

my email is [email protected], do you have the contact widget that comes with D2? my wife likes that and it is not in Fission. It would be nice if Fission put all the original apk to a folder in case some of us like the original apps. TIA.

You can download it from Koush's website.

My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)