fission rom 2.4.3 and facebook

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by volsfan1965, May 5, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how do I add my facebook account and sync the facebook pictures with my contacts or.........am i being an idiot and thats one of the things that fission did away with.
  2. biknut1

biknut1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FB & Fission

While I am not sure about this, I am answering because no one else has yet. I don't think Fission does away with any of this- I don't recall reading anything about it on here.

If you try going to Settings>Accounts>Add (or maybe FB) will it let you do what you are wanting to do?

Sorry if it doesn't work- I didn't want my FB in my phone directory, so I spent a few days learning how to keep it out (before root.)
  3. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can understand not wanting them there. I like them there cause it syncs the pictures and I have more than just a default icon for the contacts. I have looked also and I cant find anything but for sure when I go to add account facebook is not listed. anyone else have any ideas.
  4. keolawills

keolawills Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I logged into my facebook app it gave me the option to sync contacts. I think you can change in facebooks settings.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the app will let you sync from there. I choose not to sync anything because I use spb shell 3d and it does not recognize pics from facebook or any other source other than what you set as the default image. I also don't like a ton of contacts with no phone numbers(clogs up the contacts in general).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. keolawills

keolawills Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can choose to sync only info for contacts already in your list. As long as names match up exactly info will sync.

sent from my ANGELLIC D2G
  7. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    fixed

I fixed it when I installed the facebook app it gave me the options. Thanks for all the help.