Fission Gallery Problems

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am fairly new to these forums and to android in general. Altho I do concider myself a bright and knowledgeable guy who usually can figure things out on his own, I am finding myself stumped.

I have been rooted with the latest fission for about a month now and love it. I have tried a few different galleries and currently have the alt aosp gallery (it allows you to use gestures to browse through your pics which I like) However it seems to be pretty unstable. I have folders of pics which I took with various other phones and have carried them over on my sd card. I also have the xscope pro browser which has its own dl folder. For whatever reason the thumbnails of pics and icons I've downloaded into that folder are showing up on other folders. At first I thought the pics were replaced but when I went to open them the original pic was there, just the thumbnail was different. I have unmounted and mounted the sd card several times but to no avail.

I'm not sure what to do at this point as I don't want to lose the gallery im using. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

txter

Reaction score
this seems to be a problem latley. your able to see all the folders and pix if your use a gallery app but not if you use the stock app right?

OP
Killerhimsa

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
I haven't tried using other gallery Apps, just the different multimedia packages that are offered in the fission rom manager. I haven't had problems with the other packages just the alt android one. Im not sure what android version its from. Are there any good gallery Apps in the market place that work well?

OP
Killerhimsa

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
Problem solved. I used titanium backup to make a backup of my gallery, then uninstalled it and installed a gallery app from the market called "quick pic" it doesn't have the fluid 3D effect as the other gallery did but it works beautifully just the same.

txter

Reaction score
i also used the app you just got. but here is your real problem look in your sd card, probably the root of it. look for a file or folder named .nomedia
it will hide music and pictures. it may also be in a sub folder. find it and delete it. you'll be good to go after that.