Fission and travellling abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fission and travel abroad

**MODS PLEASE MOVE TO APPROPRIATE FORUM, DIDNT MEAN TO PLACE HERE, SORRY AND THANKS!

Hey guys,

Getting a feeler here I am running Fission on my D2G and have the SIM fix. Is the rom just as reliable as stock firmware or should I revert back? I will be studying in Hangzhou, China and will most likely be using a China Mobile SIM. I realize for data I need the proper APN inputs. I want to make sure Fission won't fail me there and can handle these things. I really enjoy the vanilla Android experience.

Also, if I want to limit data but still receive texts do I disable each widget or remove each widget that takes data? I only really need email so I can stay in touch with people and I don't want to eat up my data cap each month. Is there a program you recommend or widget more specifically that does a good job indicating use?

Thanks

Sent from my D2G.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FWIW, I've found Fission to be more reliable than stock, the very few freezes I've had have generally been my own fault (trying to run too many apps when I have the processor clocked to 600MHz or similar), and have all been solved by a reboot. I've got no idea on limiting data, though I just read a thread that recommended an app called walldroid that lets you limit data at the app level for individual apps. That seems like it could be an easy answer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks bud! Hoping this gets moved to receive more attention!

Sent from my D2G.

Status
Not open for further replies.