Fission addons - anyone interested?

Graymayre

Reaction score
I ran CM7 on my Droid for a while and loved it, then Asurion gave me a D2G after it went out. I rooted it before I even got the screen plastic off, and proceeded to look up a ROM. Now I noticed that Fission was a popular one, so I downloaded the one that assuredly worked for the D2G and proceeded to flash. And failed. I sbfed back to stock and the phone died within 3 days due to an exponentially degrading signal issue that left it twitching on the ground, unable to boot fully without restarting because it couldn't acquire signal.
This left me very afraid to do it to my next one. As it is, I've already rooted, but I will not go any further because I dont know if I would ever be able to get back again.
Right now my quadrant bench is 1307 stock, how good has it gotten to running Fission on the D2G? And is it really awesome enough to attempt again?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

yummyDroid

Reaction score
it's pretty awesome, how exactly did you go about doing it if you don't mind me asking, maybe something else went wrong in the process?

btw, on fission my d2g gets a quadrant score of 1957 while underclocked to 1080Mhz and undervolted

slimpirudude

Reaction score
it's pretty awesome, how exactly did you go about doing it if you don't mind me asking, maybe something else went wrong in the process?

btw, on fission my d2g gets a quadrant score of 1957 while underclocked to 1080Mhz and undervolted

How did u get that? Im running fission on my global and using 3g, no oc/uc, no other edits. My score came back as 1495 Im interested to get a score like that.

Also, what are you using to uc your global? I heard that the oc apps don't work because our processor has 5 slots?

yummyDroid

Reaction score

How did u get that? Im running fission on my global and using 3g, no oc/uc, no other edits. My score came back as 1495 Im interested to get a score like that.

Also, what are you using to uc your global? I heard that the oc apps don't work because our processor has 5 slots?

I use quickclock pro from market, which is amazing since it automatically determines good low voltages for your device by running tests. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jpapps.quickclockadvanced

IIRC, what happens is that quickclock is able to modify the upper 4 slots but cannot modify the lowest (300mhz) slot. However I do believe that if you set the lowest slot in quickclock (the 2nd to lowest slot on the device) to 300 quickclock will only use it's lowest slot to control the cpu and never revert to the actual lowest slot (which will not be undervolted).

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so I am using fission and I did the 5m - 8m thing as others have said, it DOESN'T WORK.

no biggie, what Iff said was he took some files from the milestone2, maybe we need to figure out where these files are and what they are, seeing as something is missing.

I personally don't want to use liberty until they keys light up.