Fission addons - anyone interested?

bmb0y

Reaction score
I think i know what the issue is...I noticed in Iff's original post, he states this will work assuming that you are using the stock Motorola camera app. I installed the fission rom, which i believe does not have the Motorola camera app...am i wrong? What are you running?

keolawills

Reaction score
Im confused. This is a post for fission add-ons. If you are running liberty then this should be irrelevant for you. Besides that, I still can't figure out the camera or the missing libraries.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bmb0y

Reaction score
If you are speaking about my posts, i don't have liberty installed...i am running fission. I am also replying to the post of the originator of this thread, who posted a method to try to increase the quality of the camera. I followed the instructions, and cannot get the desired affect to work.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Bmboy, u have posted negative remarks in way too many threads. I think its time to start from scrach with full stock rom and begin from there. Every post I have seen from u is "it doesn't work for me" I think it may be time for u to admit to yourself that u are doing something wrong. I personally see no need in increasing the vcam resolution because mine is just fine and all I did was install fission using the posted directions. Im even using the fission widgets for cam and vcam. Maybe u should focus on getting ur rom to work as it should before trying to modify lines of code... just sayin...

bmb0y

Reaction score
Don't worry...this will be the last time I post to this thread. I don't understand why i'm being attacked. I find it kind of odd how you say that I have posted too many negative remarks in way too many threads when almost all of my posts have been solely on this thread, but I will leave it at that

I just wanted to say thanks to: jgregoryj1, and kptphalkon, for trying to help me.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Im just sayin, u had a total of 5 posts when u started complaining to my threads which were never meant to be tutorials. And one of them had nothing to do with fission. You've been given methods that you onviously can't grasp. Its time for you to go back to your stock and start from scratch. I think u have just been trying too many things without enough knowledge and/or experience(just like me). The point that im getting at is that you obviously assume that you are not getting proper instruction from those who post their tweaks. Maybe u should start over with a stock rom and then follow steps given by team defuse(WITHOUT DEVIATION). I posted a copy of the original install instructions plus a link to the defuse page with all of the downloads on my frm updates thread. U are not being attacked, u just need to slow down and figure out what u are doing. Amd remember that its nobodys fault if u can't get it right.

yummyDroid

Reaction score
I'd love these addons! especially 720p on fission

i've tried the 5m --> 8m thing (currently on fission) and also changing all 4 stagefright = false things to true, but the camcorder still exits when i hit record and pictures are corrupt.

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
Bmb0y - I had used the hack on my D2G and after using it for two days, now it crashes. Don't know why it stopped working. If I got you more confused I apologize. If you have more quesrions I will do my best to help. I am not the most knowledgable but I have done a lot to my phone. We all started with our phones not having a clue. No one should be criticized for not understanding, that's why people ask questkons here.

yummyDroid

Reaction score
so does anybody besides Iff know how to do this? I tried to use the camera apk from liberty on fission and it ran but would force close when switched to video and pictures would still be corrupted

droidomaniac

Reaction score
OMG IT WOULD BE EPIC to be able to record 720p on this thing

how can we do it?

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I am running fission on my global and 720p sounds good to me! What's the word on it?

yummyDroid

Reaction score
I am running fission on my global and 720p sounds good to me! What's the word on it?

nothing new really, i PM'd Iff a few days ago but havent gotten a response yet (btw i'm not saying this out of a sense of entitlement, he really doesn't owe us anything :p )

we're just gonna have to wait :(

Last edited:

d2global

Reaction score
ooh Iff please release this or tell us how to do it (the 720p) it would be amazing!