Fission 2.5.7 - WiFi connects but no traffic

DJBlue

Reaction score
Having spent a week searching the forums with no luck, posting about it hopes for a solution

Wifi connects to home router. However none of my apps will connect to the net, including this forums app, frm 1.2.4, the browsers, the market, nothing. They only connect via 3g. This has been tried with wpa encription on and off, no difference. What in the hells the problem?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

somken

Reaction score
Wow... 4 days and not a single response... where are the devs for this rom?

Works for me. Using the current version, too. chick ipchicken.com from your phone.

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score
Wow... 4 days and not a single response... where are the devs for this rom?

Works for me. Using the current version, too. chick ipchicken.com from your phone.

I did, and as i said before, no network connectivity from any app on the phone. I am connected to the router, i have verified from pc that the router is connected to the phone, but unless its the with 3g the phone will not do anything online. Wifi is useless. Is there a patch i missed somewhere or failed to install in frm? Could this half to do with the teathering patch perhaps?

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score
Okay, I can say without a doubt, had I asked this over at XDA, it wouldnt have been ignored. No support, and terrible lack of follow thru from the developer. At this point, despite its seeming stability, the few bugs it does have are to signifigant to be ignored. Gonna have to dump it, which sucks because i really wanted this one to work.

bebop15a2

Reaction score
Hey,

I have been having issues with WiFi on my Droid2 as well. At my house and public locations it seems to work fine, but at work it drops constantly. It's been dropping on Liberty and on Apex, so I'm going back to Fission now. I don't remember it dropping at all on fission.

As for your specific issues, when you installed, was it a clean install? Also, why aren't you on Fission 2.6.1 instead?

trook

Reaction score
droids are notorious for wifi issues anyways, no matter what rom your on. its a known issue, as for a fix, ive seen several in the motorola forums. but I can say for sure its not a fission issue. I'm sorry no one replyed to the op, fission 2.5.7 is an outdated version and I'm sure everyone thought this thread was old...I did. You can always reach the devs of this rom by following the instructions on the rom download page, I had a problem once and I followed the devs contact directions and I had a response within 30 minutes. If you havent given up and still need help, respond and we'll help you figure it out.

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score
Actually, it's not an issue with motorla's

having gone thru 11 devices in a year, none of the issues I ever had were related in anyway to the wifi. In fact it was one of the few things that always worked, until fission. I am finally on 2.6.1, but was on the previous for so long because despite my donation, those guys at defuse just dissapeared and the damn FRM would load so I was stuck with the light version, 20 questions, and no answers.

I have since upgraded to 2.6.1, and the issues are still present. I get an IP, i'm connected to the router, I have even gone so far as to provision the router to reserve ports specifically for my handset so it direct connets, and nothing. No connectivity whatsoever. Someone suggested over at XDA that its dfuse's kernals, and his method for the overclock is all hosed up and that's way once you try and up your kernal with one from FRM, wifi won't work, which they have been trying to identify and address, except nobody hears a word from those guys, it's like they just fell off the face of the earth.

holmes6

Reaction score
I'd SBF the phone..
see if wifi is messed up on stock rom
then flash fission again

I bet it works fine after sbf

it's not like wifi is broken for everyone with this rom, never had a problem myself