1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First time rooter ?'s

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidHoff, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DroidHoff

DroidHoff New Member

I have searched a bit and googled some questions I had but haven't really found what I was looking for. I believe I successfully rooted my phone just now but I don't know for sure. I did the whole safe mode update reboot thing and all seemingly went well. First question is how do I verify this??? I now have an Icon that says Superuser Permissions but I open it and its empty. Also I know you need a terminal program to really do much with a rooted phone but where do I get one? Are there additional settings that I should fix? Thanks in advance!

P.S.
    I won't use the word NOOB everyone on here says that and its a little annoying so I dislike it!
  2. jayneo8

jayneo8 New Member

Read more.

Download a terminal from the market. If the command 'su' works then you have root access. If you didnt know this, chances are you shouldnt be using root as you can easily brick your phone.
  3. DroidHoff

DroidHoff New Member

I typed su and got a
    #
    so I think that means I'm in! I come from BB and I did all sorts of OS mashing with my storm. This is my first android device and I want to become proficient enough to be able to use the full potential of my device. So yes I probably should not be rooting my device yet but we all have to learn somewhere. So I appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks
  4. whiddles

whiddles New Member

im a noob and i want to root just to get rid of the preloaded aps.
Search tags for this page
all in one op droid rooter
deacargat z4moc
descargar gratis z4moc
descargar z4moc

phone rooter

phonerooter
rooter phone

z4moc

z4moc descarga
z4moc descargar
z4moc download