1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

first time root user, stuck at splash loading screen?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by issues636, Jun 22, 2010.

1. issues636

issues636 New Member

i went through the rooting process, everything worked fine. i was successfully rooted, phone still loaded up, etc. i was looking for ROMs and decided to give BuglessBeast 2.1 a try. did a wipe on my phone, it wiped. put update.zip from BuglessBeast in my sdcard and ran it through Recovery. said install from sd card complete, so i rebooted, now i'm stuck on Eyeball/White DROID lettering over and over. is that a problem with the root? or just the ROM install? i made backups after i installed Recovery, and then after i rooted. should I just go back to the second one? after the root already?

and what's the proper way to install a ROM? seemed pretty straightforward. Allow update.zip to install, then install it. waited for it to say completed, then rebooted. what did i do wrong?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Did you install a seperate kernel?
  3. issues636

issues636 New Member

i haven't installed anything else. went right for the ROM.
    like i said, i did the factory reset, and my phone started up still. so i'm 99.9999% positive it wasn't the rooting messed up.
    i installed BB 2.1, renamed it update.zip, put it in sdcard, then "Allow update.zip installation > Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)".
    it now says "Install from sdcard complete."
    so i hit Reboot.

is that the way i'm supposed to install a ROM? from what i'm reading, that's how it should be done. so idk, is it SUPPOSED to take a long time to boot up after just installing a ROM? like i said this would be my first one so i'm just not sure what to expect. it could of had to take that long and i just didn't realize.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Yes that is the proper way to install an update.zip ROM on SPRecovery..try rebooting again. Wait 10 minutes. If it doesn't boot up after 10, then you know somethings wrong.
  5. issues636

issues636 New Member

i recovered back to my fresh root. redownloaded the ROM on my computer, put it in, installed it again. rebooted again. this was 7 minutes ago now that it's been stuck on the splash screen. i'm gonna let it just sit another 5 minutes or so, then i guess i'll try a different ROM... all it keeps doing is "blank black screen > white DROID animation > red eyeball". it cycles through those 3.
  6. issues636

issues636 New Member

so i let that one sit for about 15 minutes total the second time around. still stuck on splash screen. pulled battery, recovered back to fresh root.
    this time i tried to install BB 2.2 instead of 2.1. same thing, stuck on splash screen for 6 minutes now and counting...

this was the reason i never wanted to root in the first place =/ i always imagine the worst happening. and it looks like this time it actually happened. well not the WORST, it's not like i bricked. but not working is just as bad. 2 hours wasted so far....
Search tags for this page

cyanogen how long on splash screen

cyanogenmod 10 stuck on splash screen

cyanogenmod 10 will not load past the splas screen
cyanogenmod loading screen first time
cyanogenmod splash screen
cynanogenmod stuck on splash screen
does synaogenmod take a long time to load
exhibit 2 stuck at splash screen
gt-s5670

how long does cyanogenmod stay on the loading screen

it always stay on cyanogenmod