First time post Bionic touch screen

phoenixus

Reaction score
Do I have to take back the original box and whatnot as well? I'm currently on a business trip so I only have the phone and the charger with me. If I don't need the box though, I could just go to a verizon here

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Usually they swap out just the phone; you keep the same SD card, Sim Card, Battery, and Battery Cover. (unless one of those items is giving you a problem)

phoenixus

Reaction score
I thought that's what they do if you are getting a "factory refurbished" phone. I better not get a refurb.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, why have I not seen this thread before now? Someone can go close mine. I'm having the same issues. I think I'm going to go to Verizon this weekend when I have time and get mine swapped out or something because this is kind of ridiculous.

EDIT: Actually I'll go see if the Verizon kiosk at the mall below my office can exchange it. They will exchange it for free right?

Last edited:

phoenixus

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a factory reset? I just spoke to MOTO online and the rep suggested that.

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
I took mine back without the box. They tried at first to tell me it was the way I was holding the phone. Then the rep saw it just start typing on its own. The gave me a new phone and took the sd card battery from the original Bionic and put it in the new one. I have had no problems with my second Bionic so far. I have not used it much on the charger but have not noticed any problems. I would take it back.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I took mine back without the box. They tried at first to tell me it was the way I was holding the phone. Then the rep saw it just start typing on its own. The gave me a new phone and took the sd card battery from the original Bionic and put it in the new one. I have had no problems with my second Bionic so far. I have not used it much on the charger but have not noticed any problems. I would take it back.
So when you put your new phone on the charger, the screen doesn't go crazy or anything?

I still wonder if a factory reset will work. And does anyone know how to do it?

Last edited:
OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
They gave me a brand new phone. I would not have taken a refurb phone 2 days after I bought a 300$ phone. The only thing I have noticed with the new phon is a slight delay when I unlock the phone. My home screen loads a bit slow not sure if that is normal after it loads it switches screens fast.

phoenixus

Reaction score
They gave me a brand new phone. I would not have taken a refurb phone 2 days after I bought a 300$ phone. The only thing I have noticed with the new phon is a slight delay when I unlock the phone. My home screen loads a bit slow not sure if that is normal after it loads it switches screens fast.

Just curious, did you have to return the box and charger and all? Or just take the phone in?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score