First time post Bionic touch screen

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
I tried the battery pull still having problems. Thought it was the case but now I took the case off and still touch screen selects apps types and scrolls on its own. I went back by verizon and it worked for them but as soon as I got back to work it started all over again. Spent to much money for this kind of problem!

Renae

Reaction score
You didn't mention it so I'm guessing you don't have one but this same thing happened to me when I put a screen protector on my mom's Droid 2. Took it off and it stopped.

That was the first thing I thought of. I do have one on there, and I was tempted to take it off. It's distorting the picture anyways. But I don't think I can take it back since the rep opened them adn put it on for me. So I feel like I should leave it on to get my money's worth.

Renae

Reaction score
I do have a screen protector on. Could it be that simple?

It was my first guess at what was causing it. It's a simple thing to try. I would try it. However, make sure with everything you try, you do it under the same circumstances adn the same amount of trials. Don't want to not know what is causing the problem.

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
I also let the verizon rep install it and would like my money worth. I think I will sleep on it and in the morning if I still have the problem I will take it back so they can see what it is doing and may be give me a credit? In the long run I hope it is that simple. I had to return my first droid 1 because of a defect.

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
I pulled the battery and removed screen protector and still having issues. I am using the orig charger. It still does it when not charging so I do not think it is the charger. Is this still happening for anyone else?

phoenixus

Reaction score
By original charger do you mean the one that came with the phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

phoenixus

Reaction score
Are all moto chargers the same? Will it hurt the battery to use the charger from my droid 1 or 2?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Are all moto chargers the same? Will it hurt the battery to use the charger from my droid 1 or 2?

I don't think so, I actually read somewhere that in europe all future phones will use the same charger so people stop throwing old ones out to replace them. Usb chargers like in androids are the future for phone chargers.

Renae

Reaction score
I pulled the battery and removed screen protector and still having issues. I am using the orig charger. It still does it when not charging so I do not think it is the charger. Is this still happening for anyone else?

I'm not really having the issue too much, but I'm monitoring it. I would recommend taking it back, there is no reason for continuing suffering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

yiannis

Reaction score

How was your activation in your new phone? Some people have reported weird phone behavior while trying to activate LTE service. One suggestion was to turn your previous android off... You can disable all wireless connections, put in airplane mode, restart and retest.

If you have a VZW store nearby go and try a different battery, without screen protectors, covers or any chargers. If your battery doesn't charge properly they should be able to exchange the battery, if your screen is messed up they'll give you a new phone.

kurumatt

Reaction score
Mine was doing something funky like that as well. Even in the lock screen it doesnt seem as smooth as it should. Just get an odd feeling about the touch screen. I'm gonna mess around with it for the next week or so. If it continues then I will certainly take it back.

OP
tpearson25

tpearson25

Reaction score
I am using the charger that came with the bionic. I have had to pull the battery and it will work for a bit. I also have trouble with the unlock slide it is not as smooth as it should be. I have noticed it works better with the left hand. makes you think where they put the power button and the unlock swipe all seems to work better with left hand. Is this a first left handed phone?LOL

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if you pulled the battery and it's still doing the same thing I would go to the VZW store and have it replaced right away.
something just isnt right.

malicious_a

Reaction score
my D2 was doing the same thing while running the leaked GB. I never figured out what caused it though. I guess I'm not much help!