First time I've thought this!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jchammer123, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So I've had my D1 for almost two years and today was the first time I've thought that I'm getting tired of this phone. Its just not as fast as it used to be and freezes much to often in certain apps like the browser. With all the new 4g phones coming out with dual core processers it just makes good ol 3g droid seem so slow, lol.

Anyways, just wanted to rant!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. jleeusa

jleeusa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today I had to remove any Widgets I had running and apps that weren't necessary. It helped, but hopefully something will happen sooner than later with the newcomers. I got a Bionic but wasn't blown away and am looking toward Nexus whatever. I returned it, figured if nothing better comes out I can get it at a better price.

3. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
    Hold out for the Droid 4 or Spyder. You've waited this long so why not get the best screen, processor, and data speed possible?

4. TyrantII

TyrantII Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Factory reset. It'll make it scream like day one..... for a little while longer.

5. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've factory reset it, I wipe cache and dalvik cache almost on a daily basis but its just getting progressively slower.

I wasn't very impressed with the bionic either. I'm waiting for the Nexus whatever name they come up with as my upgrade is in November. I just really prefer the phones with pure android and unlocked bootloaders!

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +934
    I've found my D1 is running better than ever with GPA17 or Chevy's latest. Granted, there's a few hacks I have to do along with removing some rom "bloatware", but it runs better than ever. Although it seems my GPS is not working too well, very slow when it does work, might be mostly indoors and maybe changing my wireless channel would help.

7. obinGilchrist

obinGilchrist New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Bionic but wasn't blown away and am looking toward Nexus whatever

8. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm currently running SS 5.5 and its an incredible rom! I've done all the tweaks I normally do and it does work great. The problems I have are; 1) when I'm in the browser its so slow sometimes and freezes often unles I reboot the phone, 2) some newer apps just refuse to run well on my D1. For example, I got cut the rope free from the amazon appstore yesterday and its completely usless on my phone! I've seen it run on a revolution and its perfect. My D1 is still my first smartphone love, but I'm definitely ready for an upgrade!

9. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Those of us still rocking D1's need to come to grips here..... We are using (in tech world) very old technology and trying to run Customs ROMS that push the little D1 harder than it was ever meant to be pushed. It's not just the ROMS; the apps are total killers on system resources now as well. It's time we all started to put the phones into retirement. The only question left to ask is: WHICH DAMN PHONE DO WE BUY!? Nexus(insert name here) Vigor (or whatever they are naming it Today) Droid 4!? For me; whatever phone gets the best reviews by the Holiday season is the one I'll get. My D1's been limping along and it's getting more and more sluggish. poor thing is just too old and tired to keep up the fast pace.

10. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    I had a chance to play with the Photon (Sprint) yesterday, and it's amazingly quick.

11. TyrantII

TyrantII Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Upgraded to a D3 and couldn't be happier.

Unless you're in a major city, 4G LTE is a farce and not going to be a major factor for 12-19 months..... just in time for another upgrade.

12. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    My D1 has become almost unbearable to use. I try to stick to Facebook, texting, and Wordfeud only. Trying to do other things brings the phone to a crawl. Downloaded Fruit Ninja, almost gave my phone a heart attack trying to play it. And I recently did a wipe and installed PE 6.5. It was nice for a day or two, but it's back to being slow. I'm so ready to put this thing into retirement.