First Time Droid 2 Root

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by nissanracer007, Feb 24, 2011.

1. nissanracer007

nissanracer007 New Member

I have rooted phones in the past, but am wondering about how I can make a backup of my current phone before root. This way If I mess up I can reload the stock app. I am sure this has been asked before but I was wanting to know the best/safest way to do this. Thanks
  2. taward09

taward09 New Member

You have to root the phone to be able to make a backup. Try rooting (because essentially, you're just changing permissions) and flashing an alternate recovery, then backup. It'll be the stock everything, so if you do end up messing up or something, you'll have that backup to flash. After that, just unroot whichever method you feel like. Pow!
  3. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

Yea taward pretty much said it. After your rooted you would get Droid 2 Bootstrapper from the market and create a nandroid back up

Liberated Droid II
  4. nissanracer007

nissanracer007 New Member

So if i want to remove apps like kindle and crap I never use I can just root? any good links to step by step instructions by any chance? Thanks again
  5. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

Well you shouldn't remove them because it messes with updates later on down the road but after you root you can "freeze" the apps with Titanium Backup (the donate version) what titanium backup does is it backs up all your apps.

You can always flash ROMs which, alot but not all, do not have any of that bloatware on them

Liberated Droid II