First time android user questions etc

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by SrivashRaul999, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SrivashRaul999

SrivashRaul999 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm new here and was looking for a battery saver app for my old Xperia Arc S. I am not rooted and this Arc S is my first android phone (can't really afford the newer ones) so I am just learning the ropes of using it. I am on Android ver2.3.4 and Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf. I just observed that I have to charge it often daily to get it up and running. Is there a battery saver app that I can use for the Arc S..?

Along this line might I ask also for better apps other than:

Astro File Manager

ClearMaster

Media player app aside from the stock player..?

Or better yet what maybe the "needed" apps for a newbie like me..?

Second is that I seem to see that there aren't any firewall for droids that aren't rooted...I am concerned about sensitive info being passed on to sites from the permissions that I give. How do you keep safe from that..? I have AVG Pro from a promotion and it's still for a year.

2. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    -"Battery saver" apps consume more battery than they save.

-Antivirus software also needlessly consumes battery life.

-To protect from permissions giving access to sensitive info apply these principles in order:

1) Don't install anything you're unsure of.

2) Be wary of anything that gives access to your internet connection. They need this access to send your information.

3) Use common sense. Ex: "No, this calculator app probably doesn't need access to my contacts and my internet connection..."

3. SrivashRaul999

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

Is there anything that you can advice about getting the most out of my battery..? Mine is a BA750 Lithium Ion which came with the Arc S.

I am not always online with this phone so I turn on GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth. Data traffic disabled also. I usually download the apk files at the office and then install them when I get home.

About permissions can I block those permissions that are not needed by the app whose asking it?

4. Rudolf

Rudolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!
    I have several questions:
    The model of my phone is HTC, i like it totally, but when i download the app for android from the site People search - White pages - Background check - Find people for using it, there is always a mistake: fault, why can it be?
    The second question, do you know what way can I print screen on my mobile?

Thanks in advance

5. SrivashRaul999

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this one,

AndroidSPIN | How to take screenshots on your HTC AMAZE 4G -- No root Necessary!

Regards :)