1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First successful ROM flash, question about Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by JonnyCobra, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JonnyCobra

JonnyCobra New Member

Before I flashed I made a backup on my stock .905 of all of my user apps + data and saved these backups to my EXTERNAL SDCARD. After I flashed I downloaded TB on the new ROM and went to restore all my user apps from .905 only to find that about half of my apps were not available to restore.

What's going on here? Did I do something wrong, or possibly misunderstand something?
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

My tibu folder its on my internal. I'm pretty sure that's where tibu stores them. Try looking there..
  3. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I've had TiBu do this to me a few times. I'm pretty sure that by default it will look for backups on sdcard not SD-EXT. Go into preferences>Backup folder location> Detect. That will scan both internal and external drives looking for backups. when it finds the backups just select that folder, may need to reload application, and you should be good to go.

hope this helps, i know it freaked me out the first time i couldn't find my backups.
  4. JonnyCobra

JonnyCobra New Member

I Rebooted to my Unsafe system, did another full backup to my /mnt/sdcard, rebooted to my Safe system and tryed to restore. Still no love.

BUT, I'm looking at this as a good thing. I can start clean again! :biggrin: I've re-installed all my important apps and am going to keep it at that. It's nice to start fresh!
  5. Crazebeats

Crazebeats New Member

Click menu goto preferences scroll down to tb back up folder. Click it then detect whole device. It will find it may require reboot after though. If you move it to ext sd if you have to re flash phone with rsd that data will still be there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  6. t1.8matt

t1.8matt New Member

I always save my tibu backups to sd-ext, so no matter what I do to my phone, I know I will not lose my backups. And I must be one of the lucky few who almost never has a problem restoring apps+data when switching between roms.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  7. JonnyCobra

JonnyCobra New Member

Still no love. Tried all of the above.

I began to doubt my understanding of TiBu, but the app is not that complicated. All I've been doing is a batch backup of user apps + system data using the default GZIP compression.

Should I be using a different compression like LZO?
Search tags for this page

flash rom motorola titanium

flash rom with titanium backup

how restore titanium backup after flashing rom
how to backup stock rom using titanium backup
how to restore apps after flashing a rom with tb
how to restore apps after flashing a rom with titanium backu
how to restore data from titanium backup after flashing rom
how to restore titanium backup after flash kindle fire
how to use titanium backup after flashing new rom

motorola titanium

restoring titanium backup after flashing rom