first smartphone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by flvtxfreak, Sep 15, 2010.

1. flvtxfreak

flvtxfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I've just joined the android world with the droid 2 i upgraded to. The unit rocks - cant believe it. Quik question - I am able to BT files from my computer TO the phone. Files around 4mb so far no prob. I've got a 9.5mb vid i want to bt over to the phone but it errors out with an internal error msg. Is there a BT receive size limit or such?

dancedroid
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I don't have a D2 so I cannot answer your question but I would like to :welcome: you to the Forum and the Android Platform
  3. flvtxfreak

flvtxfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you know - just for sh*ts and giggles I tried sending a 400MB vid and the droid prompted for confirmation. The 400MB vid is avi. The 9mb file i want to send is flv. I guess the droid does not recognize flv and disallows the xfer?

oh well.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    idk about bluetooth but may i suggest using dropbox - its a simple cloud folder you can sync your phone and computers to.

Dropbox - 2.25 GB free
  5. flvtxfreak

flvtxfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    changed the extension to avi, transferred the file, renamed in OI file mgr to flv extension. plays great in flv player. couldnt figger out how to rename until just now.
  6. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I could be wrong here but on the D1 (look at me assuming while already assuming... this is going downhill) you have to allow all file types. I can't really remember this much except I feel like I did that in the settings in order to transfer file types the D1 didn't recognize. Otherwise, it blocked em.
  7. xkape

Ratings:
    +37
    Abe.. I am trying out a new app called Tonidoid. If you are a dropbox user, I would highly recommed trying this app out. When I say trying out, I didn't make it or anything. I just wanted my wife to quit complaining about trying to send twenty... 5meg pics in an email and it not working. :)
  8. flvtxfreak

flvtxfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HHmmmm - I dont find anything like that in any settings I can find. Maybe D1 specific?
  9. xkape

Ratings:
    +37
    I don't know man. I just remember having to uncheck or check a box somewhere to allow certain file types. Would definately need someone that knows about it more to chime in.