First Smartphone

Reaction score
I am getting my first smartphone in a few weeks (can upgrade on the 14th). I currently do not have 4G in my area, but I believe my city was listed for sometime this year. I have been looking at getting the DroidX for sometime, but have really liked what i've been hearing from the Thunderbolt recently. So my question is should I wait the extra few weeks and get the Thunderbolt, or get the X for $100??

I have a feeling since I'm asking this on the Thunderbolt thread I know what the answer will be, but still looking for opinions anyways

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are indeed getting 4g and don't mind not having a 3g data plan then it will be worth the wait. By then the X might be free as its life cycle is due to end in early March .
Welcome to the forum
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would point out that the TB, while 4g, is only a single core phone. But, word is that the DX2 will be dropping in May/June. Its only 3g, but it has dual core T2. So, its a matter of what you want more...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I am pretty stupid when it comes with phones, so I have no idea what all that means by dual cores....

also, when you say the phone is ending, what does that mean really? Thanks

Let me rephrase that, I know what like dual core processors are in computers, so i guess it's the same as phones, but i don't see the point in them being in phones and spending all that extra money on it?

SierraRR

Reaction score
The first version of the Droid X is done soon. A Droid X2 version is coming out in a few months or so with some new things on it.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Until Honeycomb Android won't exploit multiple cores. Likewaise there are very few, if any, apps about that will exploit multiple cores.

All the fuss about multiple cores is just a bit premature IMHO.

If I were you I'd wait for the Thunderbolt, but I don't see the advantage of waiting much longer unless you really like Motorola phones.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for some of the input guys....I've been looking around, but can't find it, would the data pricing be different for that phone since it's 4G, i heard it could be more, but not sure if it's official, like right now it's $30 if I get the X on feb 14 (that's when i can upgrade), money is a pretty big issue seeing as im a broke college student about to graduate