First real pictures of the Bionic?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Droid-Life is reporting that this might be the Bionic, although they are hesitant to say that it definitely is given some differences from what has been expected (it looks like it might have a physical keyboard, an 8mp camera instead of 12mp, no hump for the camera).

First Real DROID Bionic Pictures Make Appearance? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

droid-bionic1-600x448.png

droid-bionic2.png

droid-bionic-compare.jpg

droid-bionic4.png

The apparent lip at the bottom is definitely interesting. Some are saying that it's just the Droid 3. While it looks like it shares a lot of similarities with the Droid 3 physically, but there are enough differences to make it seem pretty clear that it's not the Droid 3 (different positioning for the flash, smaller lip, 4G).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also wonder what that lettering/numbering @ the bottom of the phone is...a testing unit number?Or perhaps something thrown in post processed? If the first of the two I sure hope that tester wont get a peepee smack from it = )

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Yeah wonder if 4gt means 4G tester and then a lot number or something.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Disappointing :/ it looks like a regular droid unless its in a case?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid-Life is reporting that this might be the Bionic, although they are hesitant to say that it definitely is given some differences from what has been expected (it looks like it might have a physical keyboard, an 8mp camera instead of 12mp, no hump for the camera).

First Real DROID Bionic Pictures Make Appearance? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

droid-bionic1-600x448.png

droid-bionic2.png

droid-bionic-compare.jpg

droid-bionic4.png

The apparent lip at the bottom is definitely interesting. Some are saying that it's just the Droid 3. While it looks like it shares a lot of similarities with the Droid 3 physically, but there are enough differences to make it seem pretty clear that it's not the Droid 3 (different positioning for the flash, smaller lip, 4G).
If its got a keyboard,ill pass,but like many of u-i dont think this is our baby,we've been PUNKED!!!!!!

mike02vr6

Reaction score
how can you tell if there is a keyboard? and wouldn't the person taking the pictures show it? ( I would..it kinda makes sense....but then again)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
how can you tell if there is a keyboard? and wouldn't the person taking the pictures show it? ( I would..it kinda makes sense....but then again)
I just asked the same question n another thread,and yes all the phones ive seen with a keyboard-they showed it.

stevewest87

Reaction score
Shortly after the Droid 2 came out the Droid 2 global was released what if this is just Droid 3 4G or Droid 4G/global

Edit: I retract this statement

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Shortly after the Droid 2 came out the Droid 2 global was released what if this is just Droid 3 4G or Droid 4G/global

It's entirely possible.

allan1313

Reaction score
I am still skeptical that this is the Bionic. We will see in the near future if this is indeed the Bionic.

Reaction score

It's entirely possible.

Then Id be one pissed off D3 3g owner if they dropped a 4g version shortly after.. a global phone would be purely beneficial to other markets but US.. 3g owners would be PISSED if it had the opportunity to be 4g and they got screwed out of it.

Last edited:
OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

It's entirely possible.

Then Id be one pissed off D3 3g owner if they dropped a 4g version shortly after.. a global phone would be purely beneficial to other markets but US.. 3g owners would be PISSED if it had the opportunity to be 4g and they got screwed out of it.

I won't be. I plan on picking up the Droid 3 as soon as it drops. It's supposed to be global, which I need. I would guess that if a Droid 3 comes along with LTE, it probably won't include the GSM radio. Sure LTE would be nice when I'm in an area that has it, but at this point I need a global phone more. I can see how a lot of people might be upset by that, but I'd be just fine with it.

That said, like everyone else, I'm really curious as to what this phone actually is.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just don't think they would go this route. The phone doesn't even look good, it's a step backwards, when the Bionic was all about changing things up. Getting away from the blocky/chin ect. is essential for Moto to take a larger chunk of the pie.

They need a sleek phone, with a large screen, great specs, 4g and half the thickness of the previous droids to do this and this phone doesn't match many of those traits.