First REAL Eclair ROM. CyanogenMod. v1.0.0 2/28

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Zodduska, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Zodduska

Zodduska Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First REAL Eclair ROM. CyanogenMod. v1.0.1 (3/3/2010)

Koush's rom and info can be found at: http://g1.alldroid.org/~alldroid/forumdisplay.php?974-koush
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. BigFwoosh

BigFwoosh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been anxiously waiting for this. Sounds like it's stable enough now, going to give it a go later.
  3. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    let us know how it goes.
  4. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think im gonna take the plunge too. Seeing as I cant seem to update to anyones new overclocking kernels anyways I figure why the hell not??

On second thought in that video he show crap that I already have on my phone anyways?? Dont see what the big deal is to make the jump now. i have multi touch browser, gallery, maps. ?? i dunno i guess i was expecting something a little cooler?? lol
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. Zodduska

Zodduska Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The video is from the first beta, personally I've tried most of the other roms but lately I've stuck with koush because his releases are very clean and the only ones compiled from source.. 1.0.0 is outstanding IMHO, check the list of features to see if there is anything you may be interested in. In other roms I've tried multitouch in the browser and it disables anti-aliasing while scrolling, this one does not which looks much better. Some of the coolest features for me are the fully functioning .flac support in the music player and the 360-degree auto-orientation mod, you can flip the phone any direction and the screen goes with it.
  6. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm well I was looking at it but having to install his recovery and all that seems to be a pain?? in fact I couldnt even find where to download his recovery? just sent me to some blog that had a link for Droid which then took me to a web page with what looked like to me a bunch of gibberish on it?? might try this if someone posts a decent how to of how to install it without screwing anything up!
  7. Zodduska

Zodduska Member

Ratings:
    +0
    put the rom in the root of your sdcard
    right click > save as on the droid link for the recovery
    put it in the root of your sdcard

use a terminal or adb and type

su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-1.4.1-sholes.img

Boot into recovery mode
    Make a Backup
    wipe data/factory reset
    Choose "install zip from sdcard".
    Choose cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_{VERSION}.zip.
    Restart.
  8. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nm....replied too soon
  9. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you sir! makes sense now I dont know why he doesnt have this posted in his thread. I guess ill give this a shot here in a few and see what all the fuss is about! :) This ROM doesnt have overclocking capabilities yet right? and how hard would it be to go back to the old recovery and use ROM's like I do now?
  10. Zodduska

Zodduska Member

Ratings:
    +0
    np, currently there is no overclocking but its pretty fast at default speed. If you end up wanting to go back just restore to the nandroid backup you should make before installing koush's rom with his recovery, nandroid backups created with this recovery can only be used with it and vice-versa for SPRecovery.

After that it's just a matter of flashing SPRecovery, easiest way would be to use DMUpdater http://droidmod.org/ to download and flash it or you could download it yourself and use flash_image to install it just like you did for koush's recovery (change the filename of course).

I forgot to mention it before in the install guide but after you make a backup its probably a good idea to wipe data/factory reset to avoid potential problems with the new rom.
  11. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. So are you personally running this on you phone?? if so care to share any thoughts??
  12. Zodduska

Zodduska Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I have been since koush released it last night. I like it a lot so far the only advice I would give is to avoid using live wallpapers because it can occasionally cause the phone to lock up and reboot. IMHO it's by far the best 2.1 release so far of the ones I have tried. For extra speed you can choose the "Home" launcher and set it to default on first boot but then you miss out on the eye candy of the 2.1 launcher which I am using (choose "launcher" and set it to default if that's the one you want) This rom also comes with a nice collection of ringtones and wallpapers.
  13. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kind of a bummer about the live wallpaper since I am currently using the starfield one as mine on Pete's 2.1 with no issues at all and im only at 600mhz. So other than that you have had no issues with anything? I really think I'm about to take the plunge but it all depends on if I can get Chevy's new kernel running on my phone or not. I've been having problems bootlooping when trying to install new kernels. Anyways thanks for all the help!

*EDIT* When I try and right click on the "Droid" link once you get to his blog all it does is save it as a web page and Im sure this is not what I want to put on my phone correct?? What the hell am I doin wrong?
  14. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    this is where you went right?
    My Brain Hurts: Clockwork Recovery Image v1.4.1

just left-click on droid and click save (at least its that easy with firefox...)
  15. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes thats where I went. I am at work and we use IE :( I was told to right click on "droid" and then click "save as" only problem is it saves it as an .html file which is not what I need correct?? do I click the droid link first and then save??
Search tags for this page

cyanogenmod eclair apk

cyanogenmod i 0.1.3 rc1 galaxy s4
eclair 252 android install.zip

motorola i1 eclair room download

p2