First real downside to Rezound.

didiwags

Reaction score
I have not had any heat issues with my rezound! We have been in the 90's in MN with heat index in the 100's. Sit outside for my sons baseball games in the heat and still it is fine! I guess I have been lucky lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not had any heat issues with my rezound! We have been in the 90's in MN with heat index in the 100's. Sit outside for my sons baseball games in the heat and still it is fine! I guess I have been lucky lol

Is that supposed to be hot? :D

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Is that supposed to be hot? :D

Your reaction reminds me of a thread on another board. We were talking about single digit temperatures and how cold that is when a guy from Alaska chimes in and post a pic of an outside thermostat reading -40. He said that it went down to -50 but the camera wouldn't work at that temperature.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your reaction reminds me of a thread on another board. We were talking about single digit temperatures and how cold that is when a guy from Alaska chimes in and post a pic of an outside thermostat reading -40. He said that it went down to -50 but the camera wouldn't work at that temperature.

That's insane. Being from Texas, anytime it gets below 40*, that's pretty cold to me haha. Although where I live, the wind is ridiculous and its always making a big windchill difference.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always liked people from the desert. "Yeah, its 120*, but its a dry heat."

We're getting both right now in central Va. Sat was 105 and humiture (aka real feel) was 118. Yesterday only hit 101/107. Today is supposed to be a veritable cool down, 97 for an actual high.
Anyway b.o.t., I've noticed my battery life is much less since it turned hot without my usage changing.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

sweaner

Reaction score
I guess this explains why we haven't gotten Ice Cream Sandwich yet.:blink:

cdm369

Reaction score
No problems with mine...ics and its been 100 to 109 here.

marioval

Reaction score
The only time my phone ever gets really hot, 110+, is when its in my car. I have a windshield mount with a long gooseneck design where the phone sits right in front of my vent so I can blow the AC on it. I can get my phone from 100 down to 70 in a matter of minutes. And in the winter because of the gooseneck design I can angle the phone up so the heat will not blow on it.

Amazon.com: Kensington Quick-Release Car Mount for iPhone and iPod touch - Compatible with iPhone 4 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

tc1

Reaction score
The other question is what is the room temperaure when its hitting 140? I live in northern Michigan, so 90 degrees is hot for us & I've never had my phone hit 140. If its hitting that temp when its only in the 70's or 80's room temp, you might have an issue.

In North Texas here, hot probably 95 degrees but in the shade with the car ac on.

Still don't think it should get that hot

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I've had the Rezound for almost a week now and I haven't had any issues with the phone overheating, and I had it in my pocket, outside in the 100 degree heat for a few hours when I was cutting grass.

fkr

Reaction score
i do live in the desert and 115 degrees is common, it will still be 95 plus at midnight. i have the rezound and I never have temp issues. sure it gets hot but I never see any issues with performance. I get a great 4g signal here also and I never turn it off. Even when I use it in my car and I know my car must be 140 degrees when i first get in it I do not have any issues. I would think there is some other issue. I am from the northeast originally and anything over 75 is getting to hot for me but I will say if it is going to be hot I would rather it be a dry heat. the humidity of new york made me want to punch people. out here I just take a nap.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Had my old D1 up to 140+ once in the Vegas sun playing pandora over bluetooth. Really had no issues.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hey fkr.

Are you on high performance mode in that heat?
Does the rezound get up to 120?

OP here.
Badlands of SD today.
107 degrees.
Still no AC.

Set rezound to economy mode and no heat problems using or charging.

Surprisingly few problems with 14 year old daughter too!
:)