first post

jodowd

Reaction score
Greetings! My first post.

For starters, I'm not even sure what Droid model I have. The box says Droid Eris.

I've been using it since February, so 6 months now. Since I am a Realtor, I really like the ability to get e-mail on my phone.

I recently learned how to use my Droid for spot tracking on my motorcycle trips. Using Google Latitude and Spotwalla, people can go to my trips page on Spotwalla and see where I've been each day.

However, I'm also learning that this really eats up the charge in my battery, so I guess I'm going to have to power the phone externally while using Latitude.

My challenge today is to explore the MP3 capabilities of the Droid. I have a good library of mp3s on my PC, ready to download, but that's as far as I've gotten.

It seems the immediate issue is, when I plug the phone into my PC via the USB adapter, the PC doesn't see it. In other words, when I go to "my computer" I don't see "HTC Droid" or any other similar removable device. Therefore, I have no place to download my music files to.

I also have to learn how to customize my home page, and move out icons I don't use go I can get room for my G-mail and music icons.

Any help out there on getting connected so I can download music would be great!

TIA for any help or advice.

Best regards,

Jim O'Dowd, Franklin, TN :icon_ banana:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us.
When you connect your Eris to your computer do you tell the phone to mount (connect). I have a Droid so my process may be different but I imagine you need to slide down your notification bar and tap mount.

Once you have the devices connected you will see your SD card. Create a folder named Music then drag and drop the music folder.

There is an entire section in the Forum for HTC Eris.
Hope this is helpful.

Mike