Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I agree,but just like someone said earlier,they need to get this out and not have another bionic circus.

I agree also.. I'm hearing 2 months for a release. Just a rumor, so we will see and keep you updated if we hear of any concrete date.

skennelly

Reaction score
The S III was supposed to have a 12 mp camera and now has an 8 mp. I bet the HD ends up shipping with an 8 mp camera as well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The 3 "current" Moto devices were supposed to complement each other, aimed towards different audiences; though. There is room in the market for more than one device by a given manufacturer, look at laptop lineups.

Droid Bionic = 4G LTE slate style phone with removeable battery, aimed at customers desiring a traditional slate phone
Droid RAZR = 4G LTE "thin and light" slate style phone, nonremoveable battery is a tradeoff for the "thin and light" form factor
Droid 4 = 4G LTE QWERTY slider, sharing RAZR "thin and light" profile. Again, battery is a tradeoff
Droid RAZR Maxx = 4G LTE "still pretty thin and light" slate style phone with larger nonremoveable battery - don't think it was a planned model from the get go, rather an answer to those desiring an extended battery option

Moto isn't Apple, nothing wrong with having several choices.

I agree, but as I said before, moto needs to release these devices in a timely manner. It makes absolutely no sense to be a company capable of so much, and because for whatever reason, they delay their releases. And by doing so, they're basically shooting themselves in the foot.

Mind you that I mean on flagship devices, because they were also shooting themselves in the foot by releasing all of the filler phones in between.

Same concept as in the automotive world. Company A releases a coupe capable of .78g on the skid pad with 580hp and 28 MPG real world.....BUT they delay its release, so then company B has already heard about it and releases a coupe with specs that aren't quite as good, and they sell like hot cakes. By the time company A releases their car, the market is already saturated with company B's car, and demand is down sharply, with the exception of the hardcore enthusiasts.

The only real way to stay competitive in this situation is to upgrade the car and make it state of the art again. NOT gonna happen. :shock:

So company A releases a car that's behind the curve, and if they hadn't sat on it, it would've been a leader in its class. This is how you lose ground and market shares. And this game just like any other, is all about momentum. Once you start falling behind, you play catch-up for a very very long time. And if you don't change your ways, even if you get the opportunity, you might drop the ball again and start over, back at square one... behind.... when you should've been ahead. ;)

This all gets really bad when you apply company C and company D. :eek:

This is of course IMHO :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Reaction score
I think Motorola waited to see when the SIII to launch so that way they would make more money over Samsung i not a fan of Samsung due to the interface it uses and they updates take forever to come out and they never get an os update at all. So this phone looks nice and i cant wait to see what this phone can do. Plus hope they fix the data drop issues!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think Motorola waited to see when the SIII to launch so that way they would make more money over Samsung i not a fan of Samsung due to the interface it uses and they updates take forever to come out and they never get an os update at all. So this phone looks nice and i cant wait to see what this phone can do. Plus hope they fix the data drop issues!

The only fact that I know is I WANT THIS PHONE!! LOL :) :cool:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wonder who's gonna get out of the boat first and have a 12mp cam.

Between the SIII and the HD, I think the SIII will drop first. :banghead::)

jbagofbeanz

Reaction score
All I can say is glad I'm not ready for upgrade yet. Too much stuff coming out all at once. Hopefully it will settle down by the time I'm ready so I will be able to make a choice

skennelly

Reaction score

You aren't going to have any more luck with updates as far as Motorola goes. The advantage with the Samsung is that the bootloader is more likely to be unlockable vs the Motorola, therefore the development will be better. Look at the OG Droid which is still getting developed for the compared to the Droid X which is locked down.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Problem with us as fans is we are easily hyped. Pictures "leak" on to the web right after a date gets "leaked" from people we dont know, never hear their true source, or put their name behind. Then we get all excited and ready to get angry about a device not releasing on time. We should have learned our lessons by now with rushing. We banged facebook demanding our tbolt and we get a device with bugs. We rush the bionic (that was scraped due to problems) then we get a device that is eh compared to the razr which users later find themselves angry at Motorola for even releasing the device with the razr released afterwards which imporved all the things that the bionic had issues with. There is a process that vzw has been trying to execute and that is with testing, testing, testing to ensure the product is up to standard. Do you think vzw wants to give people a device with issues. No they dont because they are the ones who have to deal with the consequences. The tbolt disaster left a bad taste in a lot oof people's mouths and plus the news articles and shows plastering that "vzw's latest high tech gadget is full of bugs". I imagined executives were embarrassed and heads rolled over that because that is not the kind of publicity vzw wanted when they rolled out their new high tech lte network. When a phone is full of bugs they have tech support tied up, angry customers at the store bashing the carrier and scaring away potential future customers. They want people in the store signing 2 years contracts...but on top of that they want you their week after week excited about the phone and grabbing accessories and gadgets and just loving the phone (device) so much that you are showing friends who later stand in line to get "one of those". That is the plan of a successful business. With the way the "rushed" phones have turned out I say let them take their time to get the software right. If that means releasing after the sg3 so they can spend extra time tweaking and cleaning up little things then I am all for it. I am tired of phones getting released that looks "rushed". :icon_evil:

O

Kineo

Reaction score
Problem with us as fans is we are easily hyped. Pictures "leak" on to the web right after a date gets "leaked" from people we dont know, never hear their true source, or put their name behind. Then we get all excited and ready to get angry about a device not releasing on time. We should have learned our lessons by now with rushing. We banged facebook demanding our tbolt and we get a device with bugs. We rush the bionic (that was scraped due to problems) then we get a device that is eh compared to the razr which users later find themselves angry at Motorola for even releasing the device with the razr released afterwards which imporved all the things that the bionic had issues with. There is a process that vzw has been trying to execute and that is with testing, testing, testing to ensure the product is up to standard. Do you think vzw wants to give people a device with issues. No they dont because they are the ones who have to deal with the consequences. The tbolt disaster left a bad taste in a lot oof people's mouths and plus the news articles and shows plastering that "vzw's latest high tech gadget is full of bugs". I imagined executives were embarrassed and heads rolled over that because that is not the kind of publicity vzw wanted when they rolled out their new high tech lte network. When a phone is full of bugs they have tech support tied up, angry customers at the store bashing the carrier and scaring away potential future customers. They want people in the store signing 2 years contracts...but on top of that they want you their week after week excited about the phone and grabbing accessories and gadgets and just loving the phone (device) so much that you are showing friends who later stand in line to get "one of those". That is the plan of a successful business. With the way the "rushed" phones have turned out I say let them take their time to get the software right. If that means releasing after the sg3 so they can spend extra time tweaking and cleaning up little things then I am all for it. I am tired of phones getting released that looks "rushed". :icon_evil:

O

As long as it comes out before the shared data plans I am happy. :biggrin:

mgrande

Reaction score
I can't wait for this phone. I like the iphoneish looks of the one pic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
mgrande said:
I can't wait for this phone. I like the iphoneish looks of the one pic.

Yeah the side is my favorite improvement aesthetic wise.

mgrande

Reaction score
Hopefully the wideness will be helped by having the screen closer ti the edge of the phone. The maxx could have been better in that respect.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm sure htc will announce a beast phone on vzw right before the gs3 comes out.. And they better have a 2500+ mha batter wtf just make the phone 1mm thicker can u all feel me on that!! And look for this moto phone to get a release date before the s3 launches :) good for every1.. But if a htc phone gets announced my s3 will make it to my hands and right on eBay lol