Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well we are seeing some of the first pictures of the Motorola Droid RAZR HD. It is supposedly sporting Qualcomm's 1.5GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 Processor.

razr-hd2-128x650.jpg

It is also reported it will pack a 13 megapixel camera, as well as on screen navigation keys.

razr-hd1-327x650.jpg

Can't tell much from these photos, but we can clearly see the VZW logo on the back.

Thanks for the tip: GSdub510

Thoughts?

Via: Exclusive: First Pictures of the Motorola DROID RAZR HD – Droid Life

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm glad its using the snapdragon. I think its a good choice. But I think they better hurry up and release it before its dated like with what happened to bionic.
A screen shot would've been nice.. but it looks good from what I see. I hope its a little more robust than the maxx as far as rigidity and screen durability.

Other than that... I can't wait to get one :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The side looks really nice. I prefer the one way back pattern on the RAZR as opposed to this one but I am glad the plastic is gone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;D7KSkZxt_zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo[/video]:biggrin:

SiGfever

Reaction score
I was hoping it would be out in time for the GS3 so I could choose between them. Motorola seems to have better radios and thus better reception from what I have read. My old Droid X has been a stellar phone. I pre-ordered the GS3 but now am questioning my decision. Full specs would help make the decision easier.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Qualcomm chipsets, personally. The Adreno 225 is somewhat outdated, and doesn't impress me. I heard it was shoveled into the S4 just to get the chipset out more quickly, and that philosophy I disagree with. Thought Motorola had cut a deal with Intel for its upcoming devices? Was really hoping to see the Atom in this bad boy.

EDIT: Unless it's the new S4 design with the Adreno 320, in that case Moto is forgiven. Still want an Atom phone, though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Intel is supposed to be powering its devices by later this year or next year.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm glad its using the snapdragon. I think its a good choice. But I think they better hurry up and release it before its dated like with what happened to bionic.
A screen shot would've been nice.. but it looks good from what I see. I hope its a little more robust than the maxx as far as rigidity and screen durability.

If the Bionic was "dated" when it released, then the RAZR was "extremely dated" when it released - given the only huge difference is a 200MHz clock speed bump of the same SoC.

The XT875 came out right on time, with a different name. It was supposed to be the Targa, the Bionic was supposed to be a completely different phone (Etna).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the Bionic was "dated" when it released, then the RAZR was "extremely dated" when it released - given the only huge difference is a 200MHz clock speed bump of the same SoC.

The XT875 came out right on time, with a different name. It was supposed to be the Targa, the Bionic was supposed to be a completely different phone (Etna).

With the exception of the battery, you're right.

What I mean is that for some reason moto releases some of its devices too late, so by the time they come out, the rest of the pack is either right with em or ahead of em.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Intel is supposed to be powering its devices by later this year or next year.

Cant wait to see those Intel phones. That vid from CES with the Atom CPU was nuts!

mgrande

Reaction score
Whether it has the 320 or the 225, the build quality and overall performance (esp battery) will be better than the gs3!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Cant wait to see those Intel phones. That vid from CES with the Atom CPU was nuts!

I agree.. Intel chips WILL change the game. :)