1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First Official ICS Android Tablet: NOVO7; Endorsed by Andy Rubin, Only $99 Bucks!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here's a bit of a surprise... even though we have seen ports on several devices, the first Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich tablet will not be what we expect. The first ICS tablet will be a $99 dollar MIPS SoC enabled tablet called the NOVO7.

Instead of the usual ARM-based chispet, the NOVO7 uses the MIPS-based XBurst processor called JZ4770, from the Chinese Ingenic Semiconductor. This chip runs at 1GHz and can handle 1080p video playback and 3D games with its Vivante GC860 GPU. Supposedly, this tech is very efficient with battery power and allows for 7 hours of browsing or 6 hours of 3D gameplay.

The tablet also has a 7" capacitive touchscreen, a USB 2.0 port, microHDMI ports, a 2MP rear camera, a front-facing camera and a microSD slot. This tablet even garnered the praise of Mr. Android himself, Andy Rubin. Here's a quote,
    The NOVO7 tablet passed the Google Compatibility Test Suite certification. It will run pretty much all of Google's services and can handle thousands of apps from the Android Market. Even though the device is only $99 bucks, it looks like they are charging $66 bucks for shipping, which is a bit sneaky, but still worth looking at. What do you think?

You can check out their full press release at the source link below.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via First ICS Android Tablet - MIPS Based, and Sub-$100 Price Point NOVO7 - Press Release
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Interesting though I'll wait to see a review of it from a reputable source. Nice to see another low priced competitor though.
  3. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I dunno. This just has "get what you pay for" written all over it. I could be wrong though.

Tap'd from my Bionic
  4. lastname_firstname

lastname_firstname New Member

Another? This is the cheapest tablet I've seen

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

Do you mean cheapest by lowest price, or do you mean specs compared to other low priced tablets.

There was lower priced ones the day after thanksgiving. And there have been under $100 android tablets out for about a year now.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums
  6. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

If Rubin is endorsing it, I hope it isn't going to be cheaply manufactured... "available in the next several months" doesn't help much for Christmas either...
Search tags for this page

android tablet ics