First Look at New HTC/Verizon World Phone

NattyBee

Reaction score
I really like how the physical keyboard is in a receded platform allowing the keys to be in a raised position, maybe this will be the new standard for slide out physical keyboards

personally my favorite setup for a physical keyboard is the one the Droid has...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
as other posters said, i hope this would be an LTE-capable device... and it is packing something better than a 1ghz Snapdragon.

but for a prototype, this is a very intriguing device

If it is a Snapdragon, it should be the next version up tho. It will be better than the current Snapdragon.

Mojo

Reaction score
I hope they change the keyboard on it. And is that the EVO they are showing it next to? So it has to have a 4.something inch screen? Why even put a keyboard on it? If the screen is that big a physical keyboard is not nessacery. As the screen is large enough to be able to type fast with a touch only.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I hope they change the keyboard on it. And is that the EVO they are showing it next to? So it has to have a 4.something inch screen? Why even put a keyboard on it? If the screen is that big a physical keyboard is not nessacery. As the screen is large enough to be able to type fast with a touch only.

Cause we like physical keyboards :)

dragozoid

Reaction score
That thing is pretty fugly. It would be better if it had a 4.3 inch screen and no keyboard. I'm guessing this is the rumored HTC Scorpion. The rumored Droid Pro is speculated to have a physical keyboard as well. Nothing against sliders but after the D1, I think I'm done with them. Full touchscreen FTW!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Loved the voyager keyboard...

And I think the tiny keys are actually better then bigger ones and I think it was done on purpose. The way they have it set up I think it will be much easier to differentiate one key from the one next to it, do you really want bigger keys just so its pushed up against the one next to it?

Bigger keys with great spacing has been done, and it was done by HTC - the Touch Pro 2. It even had a fifth row with dedicated number keys. Best keyboard ever. Give me a top of the line Android phone with a keyboard like that one and I'll be in heaven.

wmnomore

Reaction score
I love it when the manufacturers leave lots of space at each side of the keyboard so i can't easily reach the keys. thanks...
It's one of the things i HATE about my droids.

I DO like the look when it's closed. I would use this closed just like the droid. just give me a slab keyboardless 4" powerhouse. thanks...