First Look: Android 2.2 with Flash Player 10.1

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to trick the market into thinking our Droids have 2.2. Like editing the build.prop in /system.
Just curious how that would work...if at all.

Someone mentioned this before, someone else tried it.....I dont remember if it worked.

Theres an apk of 10.1 floating around, but it doesnt work on 2.1....yet.

Adamina

Reaction score
I just do my own thing when I am outside, don't have time to look ;) I do my business that I need to do and that's it.

OP
R

Romple

The guy is a moron. Of course it will be slower, it's a beta version of flash with no hardware acceleration running on an unfinished version of froyo. Yawn.

He's an idiot. How can you compare a browser running flash to one not running flash? Of course it's going to take more time to load... lol.. more stuff? Logic is hard. He also uses Google's claim from before flash was "released".

The entire premise of his "comparison" is completely wrong. It should be "Google's browser with a beta version of flash on a beta OS is slower at loading more stuff than a browser loading less stuff"

But if you just base the experience on the first 2 minutes, where he loads two flash games basically instantly and loads a youtube video without a hiccup it looks good.

When Flash was first released on PCs it was the same thing. "this is great but slow, won't work, blah blah blah".

Flash + html5 ftw. Can't wait.