1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First hands on experience

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by spider210, Apr 26, 2011.

1. spider210

spider210 New Member

Gotta say its very nice feel to the phone.

Not the coolest looking phone but it will get the job done for those looking for a durable phone.

It's interface actually smooth and seems fast
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Spider,

I am seriously considering buying this phone at full retail to "replace" my D1. I have some questions if you are willing. I have already been through the 300 page on-line manual.

First, all the references say USB cable, not micro. Is the phone plug a micro or full size USB?

Second, it appears the connection ports have a sliding cover. Is this cover reasonably easy to slide?

Third, do/did you have to pay for the WIFI hotspot feature on the phone.

Fouth, any problems getting your market apps on the phone? I am very interested in Google Applications in particular, as I rely upon GVoice and Gmail for work, and it would be great to know whether you could/can see/download Gmaps from the market.

And anyother tidbits or thoughts, I am open to anything and everything you have to say.

Thanks a lot,

Craig

edit: Oops almost forgot the phone speaker volume. I am having a hard time relating 75db to my existing phone. Is the external phone speaker reasonably louder than perhaps another phone you have had.
  3. crabbybahstid

crabbybahstid New Member

Hi, Bear. I saw your post, so inasmuch as I can help, I will. (Not trying to threadjack, spider) More this evening or tomrrow, I'm hoping. FedEx says mine is on its way to the store!

Micro.

If they're like the covers on the Gz'One phone I had, they're on sort of a loose hinge/tether kind of arrangement. My guess is that lets the seal part of the cover push in tight, but still lets the cover pivot out of the way of whatever you want to plug in.

My understanding is that the feature is there on the phone, but you have to pay for the service. So that makes me wonder if you need to have that turned on or some such thing. I was told that's an extra $20/month. I'll ask this evening.

I think it comes with Bing Maps preloaded. The rep mentioned Google Maps as another free mapping/nav option, so I'm guessing it will work. I was able to load Lookout, WeatherBug, and ESPN Score Center on the display model with no trouble, and I'm completely new to the Market. The load/install seemed very fast to me, especially coming from a CrackBerry.

That I don't know. I'll try to remember to check.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Crabby,

Thanks. I was able to find a couple of videos on the web (including the link Dan posted) so it answered a few questions. I am surprised there is so little out there besides the generic release info. Does not look to be a terribly active seller right now (or at least forum post generator).

The Google Apps would certainly be a deal breaker for me, but if it is running Froyo I can not fathom a reason why you could not download gmaps, voice, etc. from Google.

Craig
  5. kat89447

kat89447 New Member

I just got this phone for my hubby and can answer some of the questions. The phone is Binged out, but you can still download Google maps etc. The speaker volume is great. My husband is hard of hearing and has no problem hearing the caller on speaker. He doesn't stream a ton of music and most phones don't do well with the phone speaker using this feature, he uses headphones or speakers when he listens to the radio etc.
    All openings are covered mostly with the type of covering that is the kind you peel up and remains tethered. They are covered in a metal material. The battery door is a little hard to work the first time but after that it is easy. The usb is micro and the headphone jack is 3.5.
    He has been able to download all compatible apps from both the android market and amazon without any trouble. WiFi hotspot is available but is a paid feature from verizon. $20 for 2GB a month and $10 a GB overage. He loves the phone and switched from an original Droid. This phone is faster, better built and the keyboard and screen is very intuitive. Go play with one at a verizon store, keep in mind that you might have to ask if they have one since many stores haven't even put theirs on display. Since it is not a Droid phone, be prepared for them to tell you it's not a good phone. They push Droids hard. He has had this phone a couple of days now and he likes it better than the Motorola phone he had and the battery life is amazing. I think this phone is underrated because it doesn't have the brand name going for it. Take a look at it,it's worth it.
Search tags for this page

casio commando and ford sync

casio commando headphone jack problem

easiest ways to unlock casio commando hack
how to ford sync casio commando
unlock code generator for verizon casio gzone commando torre