First Gen GalaxyS

Discussion in 'Samsung General Discussions' started by 69Rixter, Sep 6, 2015.

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    I am in dire need of someone who is adept with the gen 1 GalaxyS. Please, I ask for techs or tech savvy folks for I have exhausted the net and many forums searching in vain. I'lll not post phones issues as yet for my purpose with this thread is to interact with those individuals who are techs or tech savvy and who want to apply their expertise. If you are whom I'm seeking and you wish to help, please contact me. THANK YOU in advance. Phone: Samsung Gen1 Galaxy S model shw-m110s---FroYo 2.2

RICK

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Hello @69Rixter , and thanks for coming here for help. As much as I can appreciate that you want to find the "tech savvy" and communicate with them directly instead of posting your issues, often times we find the best answers come from other end users just like yourself. Also, we have a very talented staff here, but they also tend to interact directly through the forum not just because it's easier, but because that knowledge is then out there for others to benefit from.

Please take time to describe your issues and let's see if we can't put several hundred thousand heads together and figure it out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Hey Rick, I had the original Galaxy S model but it was a U.S. Verizon model SCH-I500. I see you have the Korean model.
    Let us know what you need help with and we'll do our best to give you a hand.

4. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    InRe: FoxKat & cr6

I wish to Thank You both for such timely responces!
    Yes it is the Korean first gen Gal S. Which may be only the start of all the phones issues (?). OK, let's start with THE no.1issue for me. This phone is TV/FM capable. I've D/l installed “galaxy-s-radio-widget” which reports “FM radio is turned off”. Obviously I want to turn it on. I cannot find anywhere stating how-to. There are other issues that need cleared up but lets see if you 2 or anyone can solve this enigma first. The host of other issues can be posted later..if anyone is interested and would care to inquire.
    THANK YOU
    RICK

5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    I remember this feature being advertised when I first purchased mine. There was never any stock option available on any of the US models that provided a "built in" app or method to control FM radio stations. While the phone itself was capable, users were required to find & download a third party app to actually take advantage of this feature. I used it for quite awhile , but as time went on I used it less and less in favor of better options & reception through apps like iHeart Radio, TuneIn, etc. Both provide live & recorded AM & FM radio stations from all over the world, so that's what I used, access continue to use to this day.
    I can't say if the Korean model is the same, but since you're not seeing a built in option, I imagine you'll need to download a third party app as well. There are hundreds of apps available that provide FM radio stations, it's just a matter of finding one you like. The apps I mentioned above are two of the more popular ones used here in the US.

Edit: I just fired up my Galaxy S now, there's supposed to be a setting , to access FM radio, but I'm but showing it on mine anymore. It may have been removed with the Froyo update....(not unheard of after OS updates). If you're not seeing it either, your only option may be to use one of the apps I mentioned.

Good luck & let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

#5 cr6, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    SHW-M110S
    Evening cr6

Thanx for the reply. Yes, model is FM and TV capable. It has a retractable antenna for the reception. Well I'll have ro keep searching around. Hopefully I'll find the answer.
    Later:
    RICK

7. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Have you tried NextRadio app? It's free on the Play Store and works for phones with built in fm antenna that isn't disabled by the carrier. Here in the States only Sprint doesn't lock out the fm capability in our phones now.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

first gen android galaxy