First Deodexed ROM for Droid Bionic Arrives

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-droid-bionic-front-side.jpg

This isn't a true custom ROM per se, but it is the first Deodexed ROM for the Droid Bionic that will eventually lead to a custom ROM. In fact, for all the amazing modders out there, this would be the first point to jump into theming or creating your own custom ROM. This one is courtesy of Kejar31, of the great guys behind the famous Liberty Roms. Below are some instructions and download links:
Instructions:
  • 1. Obviously you have to be rooted.
  • 2. Then download the file from above and drop on your SD card.
  • 3. Bootstrap and then reboot into recovery.
  • 4. Once there, make a full backup.
  • 5. Then “install zip from sd card” and choose the file that you downloaded above.
  • 6. When it finishes and reboots, you will need to bootstrap again to get CWM recovery back.
  • 7. Enjoy!
Downloads: DeodexBionic.zip and DeodexDebloatedBionic.zip

Source: BionicForums.net via Droid-Life

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Man things are rolling fast for you Bionic-ers. And Kejar to boot. I realize he did liberty for a while but anyone remember Gummyjar? That ROM was awesome.

creaky

Reaction score
Wow, things are moving fast. If the Prime isn't all it's cracked up to be by that time the Bionic will have plenty to enjoy.

kdwisdom

Reaction score
Are there any differences in this ROM from the Android version currently running on my Bionic? I am rooted but am curious if this will make it possible to do anything else for the end-user at this time.

Let me know.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Are there any differences in this ROM from the Android version currently running on my Bionic? I am rooted but am curious if this will make it possible to do anything else for the end-user at this time.

Let me know.

I thought that deodexed ROMs allow themes to be applied more easily. Admittedly, I don't know too much about the subject, so I could be wrong.

delt4

Reaction score
why is one download 158MB and the other 208 MB in size? Am i missing something? has anyone tried this yet?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
kejar did gummyjar and jrummy based liberty on gummyjar, so technically kejar is at the bottom of it but jrummy did liberty! :)

I remember the him using it as a base part. I read a post by someone from the Liberty team where it made it sound like he was on the team at one point but I did not follow at the time so I do not know for sure. Either way I enjoyed both. I hope I did not give the impression I was knocking anyone.

why is one download 158MB and the other 208 MB in size? Am i missing something? has anyone tried this yet?

One says debloated so that would be the smaller one. He probably removed all the sweet VZW stuff we all love lol.

delt4

Reaction score
i feel retarded now for asking. Sorry i thought they were the same files different host servers. Thanks JSM9872

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. And don't feel retarded. We all have our moments. Trust me, I have plenty.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...