First D1 Custom ROM?

Anomalyone

Reaction score
Hope I don't get hit by mods on my first post for posting topics that have already been put up. But most of them seem to be from previous versions of android, and I know the current build is a bastard with rooting and custom ROMs so I'd like current information.

I'm rooting my phone, what custom ROM should I use for my first time? Suggestions, comments, advice are all welcome. Thanks guys

droidlady05

Reaction score
Project Elite v4.2 Froyo with Ginger Parts. It's nice, smooth, and stable. That is what I'd recommend for a 1st timer. The developers are still working out the kinks on GB for the OG Droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You won't get hit, but you will not win friends.

Look around. Pick one. Flash it. Have fun. What I like and what you like may not be compatible. I will say that Ultimate Droid seems to have a spate of issues with every new release, Bugless Beast has a reputation among those who fix the phones for being about as bug-free as an anthill, and if you're going for a full-Gingerbread ROM than everyone I've talked to who has tried more than their "favorite" has said CyanogenMod 7 Release Candidates/Nightlies are the only ones really worth running.

OP
A

Anomalyone

Reaction score
Alright, I've got the download for Project Elite. Couple questions. Does the phone need to be rooted, and how do I go about that? I've been doign research but all the walkthroughs and explanations I can find are from like 8 months ago with outdated android versions and like I said, the current one (FRG83G I beleive) doesn't play nice with customs.

I have RSD Lite. Can that be used to apply the new ROM? ALso, can I make a backup of the current ROM or otherwise put in place a backup procedure?

OP
A

Anomalyone

Reaction score
Thank you very much, very helpful. Once I complete this process, I can use the recovery agent to apply new ROMs then correct?