First 7-inch Honeycomb Tablet Acer Iconia Tab A100 On Sale Now

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Acer_IconiaTab_A100_hero2-540x369.jpg

Months after its larger 10-inch sibling hit shelves and nearly a year since Acer first announced their intention to sell a 7-inch Android slate, the Iconia Tab A100 is now up for sale in the United States. Aside from filling a gap in Acer’s product lineup, the tablet is also notable for being the first 7-inch slate to ship with Honeycomb on board, Android 3.2. The A100gets filled out with an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core CPU, a 1024×600 capacitive touch display, 5MP camera with 720p HD video capture, and an advertised 5 hours of battery life. The slate also sports a 2MP front-facing camera, microUSB and microHDMI ports, and microSD slot for expanding on provided internal storage.

Three versions of the Iconia Tab A100 are available, starting at $329.99 for the 8GB flavor. For 16GB of storage the price increases to $349.99. A Walmart exclusive version of the tablet mirrors the specs of the 8GB model.

SOURCE: Acer Iconia Tab A100 Tablet Review | PCWorld

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I think it's about time I splurge and get myself a tablet.

IMO I don't think tablets are wirth it right now. Its just a smartphone but bigger. Once I can have PC programs installed on a tablet, then I will consider one :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

kdkinc

Reaction score
Just UPGRADED from a Vizio 1008 to the Acer A100 7" tab. Its the difference from night and day.
For a tablet the screen seems great except if it's held a certain way the screen gets a grey out 3D kind of effect.
This tablet won't compare to a $800.00 version but its not that far off and the 7" size is perfect.
Hopefully this tablet will get some developer love soon but as it stand it's a great tablet for the money $278.00 at Walmart. (discount the 50.00 gift card offer)

The money I was going to spend on the Bionic was spent for this and i'll WiFi to the DroidX. My main desire for a new phone was for a larger screen, now I've got one !
The best of both worlds for me.

jayman350

Reaction score
Just UPGRADED from a Vizio 1008 to the Acer A100 7" tab. Its the difference from night and day.
For a tablet the screen seems great except if it's held a certain way the screen gets a grey out 3D kind of effect.
This tablet won't compare to a $800.00 version but its not that far off and the 7" size is perfect.
Hopefully this tablet will get some developer love soon but as it stand it's a great tablet for the money $278.00 at Walmart. (discount the 50.00 gift card offer)

The money I was going to spend on the Bionic was spent for this and i'll WiFi to the DroidX. My main desire for a new phone was for a larger screen, now I've got one !
The best of both worlds for me.

what are your thoughts on the build quality of the A100? I read somewhere that Acer cut corners on this and the quality of the build was not up to par with the competition.

My gf's mom had the A500 but returned it b/c of wifi issues that developed after an OTA update. She is now looking for something smaller b/c the 10.1" was a little to bulky, and the A500 is a HEAVY tablet.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I really like the look of the A100. Pretty slick.

To those who picked one up or planning on grabbing one, be sure to visit our sister site Acer Android Tablet Forum