First 100 degree day

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I was browsing google images (costume challenged) for about 5 mins. today at a location where my droid was having a hard time staying connected to the network (bouncing frequently between 3G and 1X) and I noticed how hot it felt. I checked the temp on my little battery widget and it said 104. I don't think it was the content that got mr. Droid hot and bothered! LOL, Should I be worried? I've had it over a month (bought it from Verizon on line) so I don't think I can exchange it.

It's been overcast and rainy like all get out today, don't know if thats got anything to do with poor network performance or not.

As always, TIA

jasonb

Reaction score
I was browsing google images (costume challenged) for about 5 mins. today at a location where my droid was having a hard time staying connected to the network (bouncing frequently between 3G and 1X) and I noticed how hot it felt. I checked the temp on my little battery widget and it said 104. I don't think it was the content that got mr. Droid hot and bothered! LOL, Should I be worried? I've had it over a month (bought it from Verizon on line) so I don't think I can exchange it.

It's been overcast and rainy like all get out today, don't know if thats got anything to do with poor network performance or not.

As always, TIA

104 is ok. i wouldn't worry about it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get to 115-120 on a regular basis (playing games ect.) The CPU is rated for 100 C (so 212F) so you don't need to worry about the CPU... it's more likely the other components will likely fail (or in the case of the battery, send a shut-down command) before the CPU is damaged. But of course this is the risk you are just going to run with these types of devices.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. just being paranoid ole me.