OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
i have looked on that page and don't see my there

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea, I forgot your model is on Verizon. I'm not nut I understand they have some sort of software downloader that should do it. Maybe someone on Verizon can help.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Yea, I forgot your model is on Verizon. I'm not nut I understand they have some sort of software downloader that should do it. Maybe someone on Verizon can help.

You connect your phone to a Windows PC via USB. When the PC sees it, it will offer to install software on the PC, which will run, update, then check for firmware updates. An update is available if you have not installed it in the past week. Make sure you follow directions and don't interrupt it during the update. Also should ensure you protect your files by doing a backup and ensuring that your contacts and calendar are syncing to Google. There is always a risk that the update will fail, but rare. DO NOT ATTEMPT THE UPDATE IF ROOTED. At best you will lose root, at worst you may brick it. Safest to unroot, but you may not easily re-root until someone figures out a new method.