firmware problem

kikkz

Reaction score
Hello...
im new here...
my phone hav "673.94.324.xt910.meretail.en.06" system version,...
so my problem is can i flash diferent firmware, ( ex. 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU " or ..........etc etc.... )
bcoz in some threads say if you want to upgrade to jellybean you should be on different firmware..... ( like 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU )
so if i flash different firmware what would be hapen....

thankz...

shlape

Reaction score
...can i flash diferent firmware
thankz...

Technically I would say yes, however there are more wise and seasoned people in this forum who may want to elaborate and/or correct me on this point.
I say 'yes' because after many dramas with the original software I tried to upgrade it myself and ended up bricking my razr (XT910), which originally had the Asia version. It now has the EU (and Jellybean) version, and is working better than when I first got it.

Notable improvements:
- Tethering works! It never properly worked before. It just started when I went to Jellybean.
- Icecream sandwich (ICS) use to randomly reboot the phone, even in the middle of a conversation. I never figured why as I didn't tamper with the phone's software at all (before bricking)
- I still get the occassional "Package file is invalid" when trying to install or upgrade, however this use to happen every time with ICS.

OP
K

kikkz

Reaction score
thankz for the rpl....
im currently on ics, 673.94.324.xt910.meretail.en.06 ..
so can i flash official JB for my device...
wht ver. should i use ?

shlape

Reaction score
wht ver. should i use ?

JB will work on an XT910, and will work well (from my experience).
I'm not keen on advising you something that may brick your phone, as I am kind of new to this myself.

I have 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU, which was system upgraded after I installed ICS (after a tragic bricking).
This site might give you a head start about what's involved but be careful before 'diving in'. Like I said, it's a start, and going by the date it's not recent enough to follow IMHO.
You really need to do you research about whether you want to go Retail or custom build, and which is stable and not bloated with unwanted apps that you won't be able to uninstall.

Sorry I couldn't help more. This forum seems limited with participants.
I have a question posted as well. Hundreds have viewed but not response to date. :angry:

OP
K

kikkz

Reaction score
thankz for da rpl....

i did look into the link you gave me, and did you try that ?
i did get some answers from other treads, and its says i cn flash retail british , i want to be sure abt that, bcoz i dnt want to be ended with brick...

shlape

Reaction score
...the link ... did you try that ?
No, I ended up finding an ICS EU Retail guide. Sorry it's been a while since I unbricked the phone and I don't have that link anymore. Furthermore, I think online communities would be pushing JB so looking for ICS might be getting harder.

... i want to be sure abt that, bcoz i dnt want to be ended with brick...
I hear ya, but I have yet to find a web-guide to flashing your phone that guaranteed safe results. It's a fairly low-level technical procedure that, if you're not confident to do yourself, I'd highly recommend you find someone (locally) to help.

Sorry I wasn't much help. My situation was very different, where my phone WAS bricked and I had nothing to lose. Fortunately it worked out for the better.

I'll leave you with 2 links I found (while googling around) to flashing to JB EU, here and this YouTube clip...

[video=youtube;U2lwxdU7zS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lwxdU7zS0&f[/video].

Good luck!