FirePhone to Receive Bootloader Unlock Codes and Developer Version

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A user over on XDA contacted Amazon to request an explanation regarding when Amazon planned to release an official way to unlock the bootloader. The reply they got was pretty awesome!

Quote:
Hello _____,

My name is Vijay, I'm with Fire Phone support.

I'm sorry that my colleague missed out on mentioning about bootloader unlock code for Fire Phone.

I have checked in our database and see that we haven't released bootloader unlock code for Fire Phones because our technical team is still working on developer version. We regret for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

We realize how important bootloaders unlock code is to our developers. I'd like to inform you that we are also looking for developers who can help us to make our Fire Phone top notch.

Considering your comments, I have forwarded your request to Fire Phone development team for review.

Although, at this time, we do not have any information regarding unlock code, please be assured, we will definitely consider your customer comments as we work on improvements in Fire Phone space.

When we're ready to announce developer version, we'll definitely provide bootloader unlock code on our website. I'd like to thank you for bringing the need for this to our attention.

Thanks again for taking the time and sending us your valuable feedback.

We hope to see you again!!

Now it should be noted that this could have just been a support tech blowing wind. Hopefully this information is accurate. The fire phone really needs a solid reason for people to buy it. They seemingly can't give the phone away.

via XDA

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Giving them away for free with added cash to customers won't deplete inventory

NexusSix

Reactions: cr6