Firefox Rant

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I am really getting upset with firefox. It is pushing me more and more towards chrome. the newest version broke so many of my add-ons, including xmarks that it is not worth the new features of finally allow the playing of netflix and amazon movies. guess I should mention, I am running linux firefox...

fustrate.gif

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've given up on Firefox a long time ago. I've gravitated to chrome and haven't looked back.

To be fair, there are times that chrome annoys me with how the phone side process ads, or lack thereof. And desktop side either need to do a better job holding website ads accountable to these annoying ads or allow ABP.

I hate when sites demand I disable ad block only to get ads that makes it impossible to even read the article. Which is why I will give the site a chance until I get the annoying ads and then I'll re-enable ABP and just will not go to that site again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I totally agree about the sites that require you to turn off the blocker. I just go elsewhere. then there are those nag screens suggesting turning off the blocker but don't limit usage. I am thinking about looking for an extension that will stop blocking the blocker. I like to read forbes every once in a while but they are just too expensive. they should allow so many free articles a month.

I only started using chrome when amazon and netflix could be run "out of the box." It was a pain to get firefox to run them with the hack that was available so I used chrome for only those two sites. but now things are moving towards chrome.

I could live without most of the firefox addons but I cannot live without xmarks. I have used them since almost the beginning. as far as I can tell, no other bookmark addon can cover as many browsers as it does.