Firefox popup and others

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Just got a Note 4 on Friday. Moved from an S4 to this. Overall I love it. One issue I am having is with this site. I seem to get a firefox popup whenever I open a new screen. It covers the whole screen and is annoying. I also get other popup for free iPhones, stuff like that. Is there some toggle I do not have set? I never had this issue on my S4. Any suggestions/help would be great. I did have Adblock Plus installed after this issue, but that seems to slow the phone down. Removed it.
Thanks.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried using Tapatalk?

OP
EyeOWA

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Only really use chrome. I will have to try others. Mostly use Chrome because of all the bookmarks I use.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Only really use chrome. I will have to try others. Mostly use Chrome because of all the bookmarks I use.
Open Chrome browser Settings -> Site Settings and make sure Pop-ups is set to "Blocked"

I have mine set to off but I don't get pop-ups because my phone's rooted and adaway installed.

OP
EyeOWA

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Open Chrome browser Settings -> Site Settings and make sure Pop-ups is set to "Blocked"

I have mine set to off but I don't get pop-ups because my phone's rooted and adaway installed.

They are blocked. Is root easy for the note4? Which process is best for not tripping knox. Only had it a few days don't want it fubar.

OP
EyeOWA

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It sounds to me like you installed a free app that came with pop-ups.

It did this from the get go. Didn't install anything new from my previous phone.

OP
EyeOWA

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Weird. It hasn't done it the past couple of times I've been here. Havent changed any settings..Maybe it saw our conversation and the popup got scared. No clue.

JDH

Reaction score
I have been experiencing the same annoying pop-up, the exit "x" is so far up in the left corner it is impossible to close. Happens at sign in mostly and I have pop up block turned on.