FireFox for Droid?

Goatastic

Reaction score
My buddy has been trying it out since it was in alpha. It has improved a lot but it is massive. He says it was 43MB installed. Not sure what they are doing with all that data. It isn't nearly as quick as most of the others. I will try and have him let you know his thoughts himself.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Thanks. What Browser would you guys suggest?? Or should i not worry about it until after i root the phone?

dast

Reaction score
Why settle for just one? I use more than one browser on my PC, and just like there, different browsers have different strengths. I've got dolphin, skyfire, and the stock browser.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My vote is for dolphin. I've tried all of them and this is the one that keeps me coming back.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the help guys. I just got my Droid today so im still doing a lot of research!!

Also, i don't mind using several as i use Chrome, FF and IE on my Lappy and Desktop but i would like to know what my options are and what ones seem to be working the best atm!

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
My buddy has been trying it out since it was in alpha. It has improved a lot but it is massive. He says it was 43MB installed. Not sure what they are doing with all that data. It isn't nearly as quick as most of the others. I will try and have him let you know his thoughts himself.

I just reread your post, that does seem a bit bloated???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i installed it and found out how much space it took up.

it was slow, painful, and buggy so i took it off.

jev

Reaction score
Ditto for the slowness of FireFox. The sync feature would be nice if it worked, but for me, it just kept continuously processing. I also can't believe the size of the file. I'm completely satisfied using the stock browser.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
And to think i almost installed it!! I don't get why they would even attempt to release something so early...

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Dolphin ftw!! Been running it all day and I lurv it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Goatastic

Reaction score
It is still slow as hell. It took 7 min to load the droidforums.net website. All the others(except skyfire) did it under 2 min. This was with crappy reception just so you know. Skyfire was excluded from the test because we were too lazy to get it.