Firefox 4 Beta available for Download

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I think i'll wait for more updates. Glad it's getting better though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why the filesize is so ridiculous. Even with this beta's "reduced" size, it's STILL twice the size of the desktop version (which weighs in at 7.7MB)

I will not install a mobile app that is twice the size of its PC counterpart; especially when the stock browser seems to do a fine enough job.

Droid74

Reaction score
better then i expected. Cool ideas but needs a lot of work...render is too slow, sliding to menu bars is way to easy, but web page load seems decent.

meishkov

Reaction score
Well it sounded good...but good thing I decided to look in here before downloading. I guess I'm sticking with the stock browser.

android15

Reaction score
Still pretty terrible. Slows my whole phone down when I try to use it and freezes it up. Entering text is slow, loading pages is slow, pretty much everything about it is slow for me. I had to uninstall the application for my phone to start acting right again.

IanG

Reaction score
They've already lost me as a user. That first beta they released was utter garbage.

you really dont grasp the concept of what a BETA is...it will be nowhere near what the final product will be..but its your choice

I wouldn't agree with that at all.

Alpha is NOWHERE near what the final product will be.

Beta is getting darned close to a final release.

Alpha ---> Beta = Ironing out major bugs/performance issues/things that directly impact the program

Beta ---> Final Release = Minor issues fixed, making sure everything runs good for release, which is clearly doesn't. I would put this back into the Alpha category, Mozilla.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
this crap slows down my phone to a crawl...i will wait till the final build is out

plvaulter06

Reaction score
They've already lost me as a user. That first beta they released was utter garbage.

I gave them a Free-bee on their first epic fail and downloaded this.

On my 1711 quadrant blazing droid, pages were taking over a minute to load on a 100Mbit connection over wi-fi.

That is failure enough for me. I'll try the final version but I don't really have my hopes up since Chrome>Firefox and google has a massive home field advantage

plvaulter06

Reaction score
i don't understand why haven't they made chrome mobile?

Chrome was made to run on X86, not arm, and the UI isn't really optimal for a small touch screen.

But, my theory is that Google is eventually going to do some merging. Chrome OS will run as a sort of deeply embedded app inside of Android Honeycomb or possibly Ice Cream. Heck, maybe even Gingerbread here pretty soon, that would really make my day.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Awesome will try this out. I love using Firefox on Win7 for website development, maybe it'll come in handy making small tweaks on the go. Thanks for the news!