Fingerprint scanner

mcraeh

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my phone randomly makes me put in the passcode to enable the fingerprint reader? Seems like it always happens when I'm in the car and need to safely unlock it to make a phone call.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I'd like to know too. I haven't been able to peg a pattern yet. Mine only does it every few days, so it doesn't really bother me & never when I'm driving.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My Nexus 6p does the same from time to time.

I know for sure that it happens when the phone does a soft reboot on its own. I have to put in a pin to even get android to start when I reboot the phone, but I get this "PIN required for additional security" or similar message from time to time & is not like the white keypad that it gives me when I reboot.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
It seems to be when the phone as left a location that it has been at for an extended amount of time (like when I leave the house for work.. Oth I have no real proof. But, that's what I've noticed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
It seems to be when the phone as left a location that it has been at for an extended amount of time (like when I leave the house for work.. Oth I have no real proof. But, that's what I've noticed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I get the same thing from time to time, but i think that you're right. It must be a "location" or "movement" thing.:p