Fingerprint Reader Problems? This Might Help...

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've watched the videos, listened to the tricks on how to enter prints to get your fingerprint to read faster, nothing helped. But this... This worked....
6cbb384297c3809177c52d2667a0f998.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I found registering my fingers lightly instead of pressing hard on set up helped tremendously... I'm having far less no match %...

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will try that out! Thanks!

pchain

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the fingerprint reader for apps I've set up for fingerprint login AND have it NOT set up for my lock screen?

The reader's inaccuracy is still too frustrating to use for lock screen 100 times a day but would be useful for apps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Is there a way to use the fingerprint reader for apps I've set up for fingerprint login AND have it NOT set up for my lock screen?

The reader's inaccuracy is still too frustrating to use for lock screen 100 times a day but would be useful for apps.

Hmmm I'm not sure on that one.. Good question have to see...

S10+ Tapatalk

pchain

Reaction score
I removed fingerprints from lock screen security and added facial recognition instead. This kept my fingerprints stored so I can continue using fingerprints for my bank accounts and whatnot.

It's so strange that I have 99% accuracy using fingerprints on apps I've set up, but lock screen is so unreliable. Facial recognition for lock screen is an acceptable compromise.

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you were able to find a compromise. That sucks about your lock screen.

pchain

Reaction score
Nice info... Yeah weird what ya seeing with lockscreen..

S10+ Tapatalk
It is weird. it's almost like the phone isn't fully awake when locked and fires the fingerprint reader before the processor fires up to read the print. Probably not this at all but there's something strange with the timing when in lock mode. When I'm using my phone I never have a single issue with individual apps that are secured with the finger print reader...it works flawlessly.

pchain

Reaction score
Glad to hear you were able to find a compromise. That sucks about your lock screen.

Thanks, I actually prefer the face recognition anyhow so not a big deal.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It is weird. it's almost like the phone isn't fully awake when locked and fires the fingerprint reader before the processor fires up to read the print. Probably not this at all but there's something strange with the timing when in lock mode. When I'm using my phone I never have a single issue with individual apps that are secured with the finger print reader...it works flawlessly.

Very weird... Maybe the sensor is acting up... Does it act up when you double tap first then try it..

Here's mine it's usually good most of the time...

Dropbox - Video May 02, 7 01 36 AM.mov - Simplify your life

S10+ Tapatalk

Last edited:

pchain

Reaction score
Very weird... Maybe the sensor is acting up... Does it act up when you double tap first then try it..

Here's mine it's usually good most of the time...

Dropbox - Video May 02, 7 01 36 AM.mov - Simplify your life

S10+ Tapatalk
Thanks for the video... Mine is not nearly as consistent as yours, but I have my Always On Display enabled, looks like yours isn't enabled. No need for a video, but can you turn your Always On Display on and then test fingerprint reader directly rather than first double tapping to wake?

No big deal, I'm using face recognition for the first time and really liking it to unlock.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks for the video... Mine is not nearly as consistent as yours, but I have my Always On Display enabled, looks like yours isn't enabled. No need for a video, but can you turn your Always On Display on and then test fingerprint reader directly rather than first double tapping to wake?

No big deal, I'm using face recognition for the first time and really liking it to unlock.

I'm using AOD... Did trigger it when I shot that video but it's working same... I used the face recognition for a little bit.. Definitely fast... Didn't keep it bc I don't like the idea of unlocking while my eyes are closed

S10+ Tapatalk