finding the "msconfig" file

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RnD_Solo, Aug 28, 2010.

1. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

ok you guys know how on windows you can type in msconfig, and it will tell you all the startup programs. you can select what you do and dont want at start up?....well thats what im trying to do with 2.1 on my x.....so far i have found that the "proc" file number is the "Process ID" that is listed under a task (using the batery left app to view system task" and it does have a schedule, but i dont think this is quite what im looking for.

and i have also found a shell file called "load-preinstalled.sh" ...but i dont really know what to do with it, to see if its what im looking for. i havent been able to open it

basically, the goal here is to keep all the apps on the phone so that they can be used, (ie, no changing the extension to bak, or deleting them) this way they will start when manually called up, but not automatically when the phone boots...

also, (problem2) i used ADB to do a adb pull / /desktop.... but so far i have only been able to get around 3gb's of data total...trying to get the rest manually. I cant seem to pull some files adb gives message "skipping special file" im thinkg maybe its because they are in use??? but does anyone know how to get them? (note: ive also found that my FDT file used for flashing motorcycle ECUs comes in handy for looking at .bin files :D )

anyways, sorry for the long post, thanks ahead of time for help. also mods if this isnt the right spot let me know and ill post somewhere else!
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

well, i know what your talking about with msconfig, but idk how to do it on android. startup aditor is supposed to do this for a root phone, but i havent used it in a while. i think pete understands all that internal os stuff better than anyone (judging from the tweaks he puts into bb)
  3. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

then thats who i need :D WHERES PETE???? ...my phone is rooted and the whole 9...so if anyone knows if startup editor will work, ill give it a go.
Search tags for this page

android msconfig

can you can msconfig on a android phone
droid msconfig
ms config for android

msconfig android

msconfig for android

what is omsdrmconfig on android