Finding SD card and theme question...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by easye, Jan 24, 2011.

1. easye

easye Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just getting into the world of OG Droid rooting this week (finally) and I think I'll be sticking with BB for the time being. I just had a couple questions..

For some reason my phone doesn't seem to be "finding" my SD card. It says its mounted and everything, but when I try to play music it never works. I tried unmounting and mounting as well as pulling the card. Is this a common problem with a common solution or did I do something wrong?

I'm a bit confused about themes. Are themes applied on top of your existing ROM, like an ADW theme would work, or is an entirely new ROM to flash, just based on BB (or whatever you're running?

I don't pretend to be a technology genius, so I'm wary to do anything that might damage my precious phone :) Can anyone point me to a simplified guide to kernels? Or is it as simple as finding the one you want and placing it onto your SD card? I know BB is overclocked to 800mhz from stock, but I understand there are kernels that can use less battery while still overclocking the phone.

Thanks for any and all responses!